- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Arsenal Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Trip
The Frenchman has missed the Gunners last three games with a hamstring injury and it was feared the problem could keep him out of Saturday’s top-of-the-table clash at the Etihad.
Speaking at his press conference on Friday morning, boss Arsene Wenger confirmed that Sagna was due to have a late fitness test before any decision was made over whether he’d be in the squad, but he was optimistic about the defender’s chances.
“The main doubt we have is about Sagna, who will have a test [on Friday] and after that I will make the decision about whether I take him with us or not. I am optimistic but it’s my nature.” Wenger told Arsenal.com
It appears Wenger’s optimism was well placed with reports claiming that Sagna passed his late fitness test after being put through his paces by the clubs staff, and the 30-year-old has now travelled with the rest of the squad on a train to Manchester that left Watford this afternoon.
Sagna’s return would be a massive boost for Arsenal as they head to the Etihad looking to extend their lead at the top of the Premier League.
The north Londoners go into the weekend action sitting five points clear of second-placed Liverpool and six clear of City, so they will be well-placed if they can return to the capital with a positive result tomorrow.
With Sagna available again it will see young Carl Jenkinson return to the bench after a difficult night’s work against Napoli in midweek, where the Gunners lost 2-0 to narrowly reach the last 16 of the Champions League.