- Arsenal & Man Utd Target To Undergo Chelsea Medical After Blues Agree £30m Deal
- Man Utd Boss Jose Mourinho Plotting Audacious Raid On Chelsea
- Liverpool Installed As Surprise Favourites To Sign Man Utd Attacker
- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
- Arsenal Set To Beat Liverpool To 24-Goal Hitman After Triggering £20m Clause
- Arsene Wenger Ready To Sell As Liverpool Prepare Raid On Arsenal
United Injury Blow As Midfielder Ruled Out For Six Weeks
Manchester United have received an injury blow with the news that Marouane Fellaini will miss at least six weeks after undergoing surgery on a long-standing wrist problem.
The Belgian has struggled to replicate the kind of form at Old Trafford that earned him a big-money move from Everton in the summer but niggling injuries haven’t helped his cause.
It emerged last month that Fellaini has been hampered by a troublesome wrist injury that he aggravated during United’s clash with Shakhtar Donetsk in October and has been playing through the pain ever since.
However, the midfielder hasn’t featured since the champions 1-0 loss to Everton on December 4th after picking up a back complaint against his former club.
Boss David Moyes hinted on Friday that they would seek to resolve the wrist injury if the back problem was going to keep the 26-year-old out for longer than a week.
With the back problem seemingly showing no signs of clearing up any time soon, it appears the the decision has been taken to rectify the wrist injury once and for all while he’s already sidelined with the Telegraph claiming that Fellaini went under the knife over the weekend and is now expected to be out for up to two months.