- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
- Man Utd Plotting £90m Move For 321 Goal Super-Star
- Key Man Ruled Out As Man Utd Announce 20-Man Squad For PSV Game
- Chelsea Dealt Blow As Key Man Suffers Injury Ahead Of Everton Trip
- Madrid Chief: Arsenal Target Was Among 4 Players Man Utd Tried To Sign This Summer
United Injury Blow As Midfielder Ruled Out For Six Weeks
Manchester United have received an injury blow with the news that Marouane Fellaini will miss at least six weeks after undergoing surgery on a long-standing wrist problem.
The Belgian has struggled to replicate the kind of form at Old Trafford that earned him a big-money move from Everton in the summer but niggling injuries haven’t helped his cause.
It emerged last month that Fellaini has been hampered by a troublesome wrist injury that he aggravated during United’s clash with Shakhtar Donetsk in October and has been playing through the pain ever since.
However, the midfielder hasn’t featured since the champions 1-0 loss to Everton on December 4th after picking up a back complaint against his former club.
Boss David Moyes hinted on Friday that they would seek to resolve the wrist injury if the back problem was going to keep the 26-year-old out for longer than a week.
With the back problem seemingly showing no signs of clearing up any time soon, it appears the the decision has been taken to rectify the wrist injury once and for all while he’s already sidelined with the Telegraph claiming that Fellaini went under the knife over the weekend and is now expected to be out for up to two months.