- [Photos] Welbeck Poses In Arsenal Shirt After Completing £16m Move From Man Utd
- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
Liverpool’s Top Four Hopes Handed Major Injury Boost
Liverpool’s hopes of securing a top four finish this season have been handed a major boost with striker Daniel Sturridge set to return from injury almost a month ahead of schedule, according to the Mirror.
The 24-year-old has been on the sidelines since the end of November after damaging ligaments in his ankle during training.
The news came as a huge blow to Liverpool at the time and it was believed the injury would keep him out of action until the end of January.
However, the Mirror are one of several newspaper who are reporting today that Sturridge returned to full training on Monday and is now in contention to be back in the squad to face Stoke City at the weekend.
Sturridge has been in excellent form since making a £12m move from Chelsea a year ago and had struck up a sensational partnership with Luis Suarez before his untimely injury.
News of his early return will therefore come as a welcome boost to Brendan Rodgers, who’s side sit fourth place in the Premier League table after 20 games but are just one point ahead of Mersey rivals Everton with Tottenham just a further point adrift.