- Man Utd Star Closes In On Comeback After Offering Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal Boost – Star Set To Make Injury Return This Weekend
- Arsene Wenger Offers Positive Injury Update On Alexis Sanchez
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow As Star Ruled Out Until 2016
- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
Rooney, De Gea, Mata + More: Players React On Twitter To Man Utd Win
Manchester United produced arguably their best performance of the season last night to reach the quarter finals of the Champions League with a 3-2 aggregate win over Olympiakos.
Heading into last night’s game at Old Trafford trailing 2-0 from the first leg, Robin van Persie hit a hat-trick to secure a superb turn-around and book the Red Devils place in the hat for tomorrow’s last 8 draw.
Given the disastrous season United have endured domestically, the win over Olympiakos was vital to keep their season alive and it could prove to be a turning point in David Moyes’ reign.
After the match several United players took to Twitter to react to the victory, with Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, David De Gea and Juan Mata all having their say on the win.
Winger Antonio Valencia also shared a close-up picture of his eye injury after picking up the problem following an early clash of heads.
Here’s what the boys had to say:
— Juan Mata García (@juanmata8) March 19, 2014
Great performance from the lads and another brilliant atmosphere at Old Trafford. That one was for the fans!
— Wayne Rooney (@WayneRooney) March 19, 2014
— David De Gea (@D_DeGea) March 19, 2014
That response tonight by the players/staff/fans is what makes #mufc special….we won't get carried away with tonight…a top night though.
— Rio Ferdinand (@rioferdy5) March 20, 2014
This is nothing for joy that manchester has given me . Esto no es nada para la alegría que me ha dado manchester. pic.twitter.com/oSIwLFxcTP
— Antonio Valencia (@7AntoV) March 19, 2014