Yaya Toure Turns Down Audacious Approach From Man Utd To Commit Future To City

By on July 18, 2014

The summer transfer window is now open for business and it’s expected to be a busy few weeks as managers strengthen their squads ahead of next season, so we’ll bring you all the latest news and gossip. Today, Yaya Toure has snubbed a move to Man Utd to remain at Man City.

Yaya-Toure

Yaya Toure has snubbed an audacious attempt from Manchester United to lure him to Old Trafford and has committed his future to Manchester City, according to reports.

The Ivory Coast international shocked City when his agent Dimitri Seluk publicly criticised the club at the end of last season for not acknowledging the midfielders birthday properly and accused the Abou Dhabi owners of not praising his clients contribution enough following their Premier League title win.

This outburst was followed up by accusations that the champions had refused to give him time off to be with his sick brother in the weeks leading up to his death last month – although City officials insist Toure hadn’t asked for compassionate leave and that they would have given him plenty of time off if he had done.

The midfielders bizarre antics led to widespread speculation that he was set for a move this summer and the Daily Star claim that Manchester United made an audacious approach to try and lure the Ivorian to Old Trafford, with United supposedly making their interest clear and were hopeful of pulling off a £40m swoop.

However, the newspaper suggests that Toure told the former champions that he had no interest in making the move to City’s rivals and he’s now put an end to any rumours by confirming he will remain at the Etihad to see out the rest of his contract.

Toure said:

“I want to say that I will always honour my contract and don’t think about all the speculation.

“It will be a pleasure to stay and try to enjoy next season.” Toure is quoted as saying by the Daily Star

Toure’s agent has also back-tracked on his previous statements, and confirmed that his client will “100%” remain at City. Seluk said:

“I would like to say Yaya will stay at Manchester City 100 per cent.

“He won’t go to any club and everybody can stop the speculation about this.

“The newspapers write that Yaya goes to Paris Saint-Germain or Manchester United. Yaya will stay at Manchester city 100 per cent.” Seluk is quoted as saying by the Daily Star

It would have been a sensational coup if United were able to lure Toure across Manchester and Louis van Gaal could certainly do with a midfield powerhouse in the middle of the park in his new-look team.

READ MORE -> Man Utd transfer news | Man City transfer news

However, it looks like Toure has put an end to all the speculation after a bizarre few weeks, and he’ll be lining up with the Premier League champions when the season kicks off next month.

Best of the web

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *