Beginner’s Guide To Football Betting
Are you new to football betting and not sure where to start? Then this useful beginner’s guide will guide you through the basics of betting on football.
Are you new to football betting and not sure where to start? Then this useful beginner’s guide will guide you through the basics of betting on your favourite football matches. Whether you are betting on the Premier League or the UEFA Champions League, this guide will help you understand what you can bet on.
Common Betting Terms To Know:
Placing your first ever football bet can be a bit daunting, but doing some research beforehand can really help you to better understand the world of sports betting. Before you even start to part with your money, it’s best to learn about useful football betting terms. Here are some common betting terms that you might come across:
- Accumulator is a series of bets that are grouped together. This type of bet can be risky as each bet needs to win in order to get a payout, meaning there is a reduced probability of you winning. However, as all the odds are accumulated together you could win big in the final payout if your bets do win.
- Handicap Bets help to even the playing field in a football game. These bets are based on a handicap (+ or -) being applied to one team. Handicap bets are a popular choice when big team favourites are playing to help give the other team a head start.
- Odds are basically the likelihood of something happening in the football game. In football betting, a fractional odd is how much you win against how much you stake. For example, if your odds are 11/1, every £1 bet you place you will receive £11 if it wins.
- Stakes are simply the amount of money that you are placing on a bet. The stake that you place is how much money you are risking to lose if your bet doesn’t win.
What Can You Bet On?
Once you have done a bit more research into football betting, you will find that there are many different things that you can place a bet on. You can choose how simple or complicated your bets are. Do you want to bet on which football player will score first in the game? Or do you just want to bet on which team will win? The choice is up to you! Here are just a few examples of the types of things you can bet on in a football game:
- Total goals during a game
- Total team goals
- Exact score after 90 mins play
- First player to score
- Both teams scoring, etc.
Draw No Bet
One of the bets you can make on a game is a ‘Draw No Bet’. This is a safe bet to make, as when you bet on a team to win, you can still get your money back if the game happens to end in a draw instead.
With a double chance bet you can pick one team to win or for them to draw to win your bet. This is one popular form of betting that can increase the chances of your bet winning as you are backing more outcomes.
Useful Betting Tips To Remember:
- Smart betting
First, you need to think about your budget and what are the best odds. Never rush into placing a bet. Take time to think through everything before you decide to part with your money. Just because you want your favourite team to win, doesn’t mean that they will. Be smart and take the time to pick the right bets that suit you.
- Know your limit
One important thing to remember in football betting is to never bet more than you can afford to lose. It’s best practice to decide on a budget beforehand and stick to it. Think about whether you can afford to lose your bet if it doesn’t win. Can’t afford to lose your money? Then it’s probably wise not to make that bet.
- Have patience
If you’re betting for the first time then it will take time to get used to it. It might take you a few bets to understand how to bet properly and what odds are best to bet on. You might not start winning bets straight away. So take your time and just enjoy betting on your favourite games.
/ 34 mins ago
Chelsea take on Luton Town at Stamford Bridge in the fourth round of the...
/ 1 hour ago
Manchester United take on Liverpool at Old Trafford in the fourth round of the...