Jack Wilshere Taunts Tottenham Fans After Arsenal Pip Spurs To Third

By on May 14, 2012

Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere might not be the most popular player in the white half of North London today after he wound up Spurs fans with a series of tweets on Sunday evening.

The midfielder has spent the entire season on the sidelines with an ankle injury but couldn’t hide his delight after his side secured third place with a 3-2 win over West Brom on Sunday. The win not only secured Champions League football next season for the Gunners but it also meant they finished above rivals Tottenham, who now face a nervy wait to see if they’ll join Arsenal in Europe’s elite competition next season.

After the final whistle was blown at the Hawthornes, Wilshere taunted Spurs fans by using his official Twitter account to say:

Jack Wilshere tweet

Shortly after, Wilshere then wound up Spurs fans further by claiming all Arsenal fans will be cheering on Chelsea to win the Champions League on Saturday night, a win that would mean Spurs missing out on Champions League football next term.

Jack Wilshere tweet

75 Comments

1. Parklaner

May 14, 2012 at 11:52 am

Yep – No class and no respect for fellow professionals – That’s Jack for you.

• jk

May 14, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Its called having a laugh!!! Wow you must have a very dull life!! Its part and parcel of the game and will be forever its just now its in the public arena due to twitter etc. Its friendly banter grow up. Also to the other muppet who says wilshere will be another wannabe you clearly no nothing about football!!

• jk

May 14, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Its called having a laugh!!!

• AlphaT

May 14, 2012 at 1:52 pm

I suppose he was just having a laugh when he attacked a cabbie simply because of the team he supports? No Jack is a classless scrote, & if I was to take his view in life then I guess I should encourage the young one’s in my area to break his legs on sight, or stick a 7 inch blade between his ribs!? Again remind me hat he did to help Ar5na1 acheive what they did this term?!?!?
        Answers on a SAE or Postcard…

• Dan T

May 14, 2012 at 1:57 pm

You’re comparing friendly banter to stabbing someone? Since when were these things comparable?

Have I missed something here? For once there is a player who loves his club and not just his paypacket and he is having a bit of an innocent laugh at his closest rivals. Where is the harm in this?

• AlphaT

May 14, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Com’on I’m “having a laugh” I don’t know any young ones that would be that deplorable, my point is Jack hasn’t done much in his very short career, and yes he can be a passionate supporter but remind me again how does beating a cabbie fall into having a laugh or friendly banter?! MORON!

• yas

May 14, 2012 at 4:36 pm

AlphaT your lame, and bitter, probably why your getting so wound up. You should be over the moon, Titts have just had their best season in 50 years. Why sooo glum????? Plum?1111

• S3nse

May 14, 2012 at 5:30 pm

No respect for fellow pros? That was directed at you fans! You suddenly got amnesia after your “Mind the gap” jibba jabba? Hahahahahaha!
      Oh! And what’s football without this banter? Go read “Mills and Boon” if u can handle!

• Shevo

May 15, 2012 at 8:32 am

Jack told it like it is. Get over it and pay your dues.
      North London is Red and will always be.

2. GG18

May 14, 2012 at 11:54 am

I’m a Goooner but people like this really embarrass me. Another wannabe who’ll make a bigger name for himself on Twitter than he ever will on a football pitch.

• jj18

May 14, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Really your a Gooner you really don’t follow them because last year Jack bossed the arsenal midfielder and was outstanding against the likes of Barcelona he’s a massive name on the pitch you Muppet. so called Gooner yeah right!

• Dan T

May 14, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Haha. You’re one of the most transparents Spuds I’ve ever seen. If you regularly watched Arsenal last year then you would know that this kid is an unbelievable talent.

I love this kid. He’s not just an AFC employee, he’s a fan and has a fans mentality (always wanting to see our closest rivals behind us).

• reginald gales

May 14, 2012 at 3:08 pm

what do you mean Jack will be bigger on twitter. Every Club in the world wants a midfielder like Jack because he is one of the few players that we have that are world class. At the end of last season Jack was rated the 8 best midfielder in world futbol so what your saying about him dont make any sense.

• Ade

May 14, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Am dissapointed in u, u called urself a gooner nd dont knw dat kid, u must be watchin back of ur t.v set, mumu

• Prisca

May 14, 2012 at 4:00 pm

i dnt think u are a gooner! Jack is a good midfielder

• Shevo

May 15, 2012 at 8:32 am

Saddo Spud in disguise.

3. oguchi.c

May 14, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Jack we really missed you

4. 'Arry

May 14, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Just to give a bit of a balance to GG18 and Parklaner, I’ve got to say that as a Spurs fan I would feel exactly the same as Jack Wilshere if the shoe was on the other foot. If we’d got third and Arsenal faced a nervous week I’d definitely be winding them up and I’d definitely want them to miss out on CL football.

Compared to some of the “banter” you get these days, the lad’s being quite tame really. His team did well, his rivals are nervous, he’s having a gloat. He’s not being malicious. To label him as having “no class” or a “wannabe” seems a little harsh…

• Dan T

May 14, 2012 at 2:03 pm

At Last. A bit of common-sense here. Apart from the whole supporting Spurs thing, that makes no sense to me 🙂

• veteran

May 14, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Having followed football for more than half a century, I seen a lot of banter in my time. Wilshere is an obnoxious character and well known in this part of Hertfordshire. He is known as a coward and thug. He is,however,a very good footballer,but very immature. Banter is when people exchange GOOD NATURED comments. Wishere uses the media to cyber bully. Well he’s addicted to Twitter proving that Twits tweet. Nice to see some grown up decent Arsenal fans feel embarrassed. Decency and class unlike the neanderthal Dans.

5. steve

May 14, 2012 at 12:19 pm

gg 18 u mug Jack is going to be a superstar rooney has no class but is a great player

6. SPUD MASHER

May 14, 2012 at 12:26 pm

GET IN THERE JACK LMFAO U LITTLE BOOOOOTY UNLUCKY SPUDS AGAIN

• DavePel

May 14, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Wilshire is always going to have injury problems and will soon be playing 12 games a season for Fulham…he tweets a good game though doesnt he!

7. luke the gooner

May 14, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Parklaner. You must be a “spud” with that comment you made. So let me throw a wee titbit in here for you. Did you make the same remark when “RADAR” (bale) was giving it the “big ‘un” nots so very long ago? Was’nt he and the other “TURD BURGLAR” (van der faart” saying how the spuds were the best team in N London, amongst other derogatory remarks that they made? Has’nt ‘arry constantly made snide quips about us all season about our team and supporters? We’ve had to listen to all that crap from you “red sea pedestrians” without any of your lot even stopping for one minute to think that we might finish above you. Well we have….as per usual,and always will. I bet you’re a fully paid up member of the PFJ (see the “Life Of Brian for clarification of this movement). Gooner4Life.

8. Gooner forever

May 14, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Its very embarrassing for our great club to have him spouting off like this

• Shevo

May 15, 2012 at 8:41 am

Not for us it ain’t you spud loving doughnut

9. Jabberwocky

May 14, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Luke the goo…I’m as happy as the next man that we’ve finished 3rd, and love jack’s banter, but ffs spare us the antisemetic bs, you’re embarrassing all arsenal fans with crap like that and you should be f***ing ashamed of yourself you prick

10. han

May 14, 2012 at 12:46 pm

wow such anger. happy you take it out on here in than on an old taxi driver. as for arsenal jubilant for finishing 3rd…my times have changed!

11. Oganzo

May 14, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Guys, stop hating and insulting each other, and grow up really. Wilshere will never be a failure because someone thinks so, he’s been out the whole season because he has injury, but he’s got to rank among top five midfielders in the EPL for sure!! Spurs fans throw it Arsenal, its only fair that Arsenal celebrate their St. Totteringham’s day with joy when it materializes. C’mon guys, its not that bad after all…

12. LukeF

May 14, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Seems that Jack is a little obesessed with Tottenham and would put them missing out over Arsenal doing well….

He certainly doesn’t speak for me when he says that every gooner will be a Chelsea fan next week. I can think of nothing I’d like less than Chelsea becoming European champions and that’s even before considering the fact that if Chelsea win the CL then Arsenal effectively become the 4th placed team and have to play a (potentially difficult) qualifier. Whereas Bayern Munich winning means we are straight in the group stages.

• Dan T

May 14, 2012 at 1:53 pm

We won’t have to qualify if Chelsea win. England will get 4 teams in the group stage automatically if Chelsea win. So we don’t need to worry about that. I would love Chelsea to win and crush the 5PUD2 spirits. It will be something to cheer me up whenever I feel down this summer. 🙂

13. Joe

May 14, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Finishing above spurs masks just how far arsenal have fallen in recent years. I remember when they used to be devastated to finish 2nd without the title. Now it’s open top bus time because of sneaking 3rd! Oh how the mighty have fallen! Wenger has you chaps fooled.

• barry

May 14, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Yep about right Joe BUT its the worst Arsenal team for say 10 years and the best Spurs side in 50 years and they still struggle to get even above us. They have more probs than we do ( in my reckoning )

• Yidango

May 14, 2012 at 1:44 pm

You always finish 3rd or 4th since 2005

• DavePel

May 14, 2012 at 2:14 pm

our team is growing, yours is falling apart…..you are on the slide we are on the climb..next season you will be 7th and we will be 3rd

• kilev u

May 14, 2012 at 3:23 pm

spurs best still not better than arsenal’s worst!!!! imagine

• Yidango

May 14, 2012 at 3:59 pm

• CydTheYid

May 14, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Hey Barry don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story. Correct me if I’m wrong but you reached 70 points this season, well the 2010-2011 season you reached 68 points. The 2006-2007 season you also reached 68 points and the 2005-2006 season you reached 67 points. So there’s 3 seasons in the last 7 years where you’ve been worse than you are now. As for stating this is our best season for 50 years, well in 2009-2010 we reached 70 points, one more than this season. But you’re obviously such an expert on all things Spurs over the last 50 years, how could I argue with such an outstanding mind. Good to see you celebrating so hard over finishing just one point ahead of poor little Spurs, who are of no significance to the mighty Arsenal. Just remember each year the gap has become smaller. This year, you relied on what can only be described as the worst goalkeeping display seen in the premiership to consolidate your position. Enjoy it, I doubt if you’re really confident that your domination over us is to continue for much longer.

14. Georgaki

May 14, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I’m a gooner but I will not be wishing Chelsea win the Champions League Final. I’m opposed to clubs with sugar daddies buying trophies. They distort the game. They are a symptom of our unethical, dysfunctional age where short termism is the rule. I hope Spurs get fourth spot and play in the Champions League. They deserve it

15. wengersHubby

May 14, 2012 at 1:37 pm

jack is busy taking it upda rear , soon he’ll be back but he wud like all gooner fans to carry on doing what he’s been doing.. “never let the spirit die boys.. more u take ..more u enjoy”…. blv me” .. ~ jack

16. paul inwood

May 14, 2012 at 2:11 pm

No stabbings no violence, I’m a gooner my best mates a spud, banter!

• AlphaT

May 14, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I was making a point about young ASBO Jack’s mentality of being a hardcore Arse supporter! I wouldn’t dirty my shank with his blood! (seriously guys I’m just making banter) Do you think the likes of Ricky Gervais and Jimmy Carr actually condones the things he quotes when he write some of his sicker jokes?

• Wayne

May 14, 2012 at 7:03 pm

How is talking knives & kneecapping banter , when some youth said were be supporting chelsea this is pure s@@t stirring between arsenal and tottenham , I only support Chelsea sat cause I think they deserve it after losing on pens to man u & beating bara against all odds but tottenham deserve champions league for good start to the season.

17. bc

May 14, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Shed myself years ago of spurs pals they are of no value. i wont drink with em wont work with em and as a result have no need to share banter with em. do yourself a favour only work and play with arsenal supporters it makes life so much easier.

• joeyd

May 14, 2012 at 3:36 pm

All faggots together

18. Meks

May 14, 2012 at 2:43 pm

These retards saying jack is a nobody are deluded. The kid would have been playing in the euros for England had he not been injured. As for the banter, what’s wrong with it? All you fake gooners and spuds supporters all flustered by a few cheeky non malicious words? Lol grow a fkn back bone you spineless muppets. You ran your mouths 10 points clear and bottled it hahaha now you get your serve, take it like men, this is football, no room for cry babies. We lose 3 of our best players fab, nasri and clichy, verma out for ages and jack for the season while you spud muppets strengthen your squad and still finish below us hahaha I hope Chelsea win and put you back into your place (out of the top four) lol til then sweat it out white fart lames

19. Meks

May 14, 2012 at 2:45 pm

These retards saying jack is a nobody are deluded. The kid would have been playing in the euros for England had he not been injured. As for the banter, what’s wrong with it? All you fake gooners and spuds supporters all flustered by a few cheeky non malicious words? Lol grow a back bone you spineless muppets. You ran your mouths 10 points clear and bottled it hahaha now you get your serve, take it like men, this is football, no room for cry babies. We lose 3 of our best players fab, nasri and clichy, verma out for ages and jack for the season while you spud muppets strengthen your squad and still finish below us hahaha I hope Chelsea win and put you back into your place (out of the top four) l

20. bashman

May 14, 2012 at 2:46 pm

if spurs couldnt finish arsenal this year with the team the lead and start to the season they had they never will. lets hope chelsea win and then see how many players stay loyal

21. dnizzle

May 14, 2012 at 2:59 pm

heres an idea! if you dont like it dont follow him on twitter or read it. why complain when your in control of the content you chose to see on the web. if i missed a whole season injured id probably turn to twitter to stay amused as well. look forward to a big year next year. up the gunners!

22. adam

May 14, 2012 at 3:13 pm

dead right jack. It was okay for spurs to taunt the Arsenal when they were ahead of us, but not for Jack when we finished above them. Get a grip! We love u arsenal! We do! Come on Chelsea

23. Gooner Sam

May 14, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Sad that some people can’t see his comments for what they are, harmless banter but then again it is Tottenham fans! Arsenal fans are in a win win situation really. Chelski win and we can mock the spuds. If they don’t we can all laugh at the club that thought it could buy history. Personally I want Chelski to lose. No history, no class and no idea how to run a proper football club. A-hole Cole and Terry missing out on the CL…priceless!!!

24. Jimmygoon

May 14, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Spuds like to give it but can’t take it, u spuds been taking it from the ars for years now u should be used to it by now just like an old pro lol ha ha live it when u give it then get stuffed.

25. AlexIsAGooner

May 14, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Hi 5-2 u pathetic tottenham scumbags! U like to talk about times changing, 1995 last time u finished above us, wow they have changed alot….wait no they haven’t! How many league titles and fa cups u won in that time??? Again times haven’t really changed! It’s refreshing to c that the youth coming through at arsenal that will be the spine of the team are deep down true gooners. Jack, frimpong, scezza, walcott, Gibbs! Players that have love and support the club they play for will give blood to c us do well! U 5pu2s tossers just pick up the money grabbing gypsies we don’t want anymore, in a few seasons ur whole team will consist of arsenal rejects! The start we had to the season will never b repeated, scum will always be bottlers, arsenal will move on to bigger and better things! This was ur best chance to finish above us, u won’t have another for a while to come yet!

26. Scott (USA)

May 14, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Jack and the rest of us Gooners are having a laugh. Get over it chickens. Best Derby in football! Of course we are gonna have fun with it. You chickens would be doing the same. There is always next season. You should be used to this by now…

27. Jimmygoon

May 14, 2012 at 4:42 pm

U spuds think your such a big club when all u have won is 2 league cups in 21 years, big club my dick, your a joke off a club who can’t even finish above a team that was torn apart by players leaving and injurys, u should be ashamed of yourself to even begin to compare ypurselfs with the mighty Arsenal.

28. Priestos

May 14, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Well he’s a die hard Arsenal fan. He could stand in with the craziest Arsenal fans and fit in he just loves Arsenal. And that’s a large part of why we love people like Wilshere and Frimpong.

29. Sean

May 14, 2012 at 5:27 pm

So many Arsenal fans on here getting wound up and venting anger on a keyboard makes me laugh, I bet most of you have never been to a game and probably don’t even live in the uk, go support your local club you plastic gooners.

• Shevo

May 15, 2012 at 9:18 am

Only ones venting anger are the poor spud twats like you who can’t take it when you’ve been well and truly put in your place. Don’t forget we are a truly GLOBAL brand with fans from all over the planet unlike your few local swamp dwellers.
      From a happy season ticket holder and life long gooner.
      MIND THE GAP

30. Brdgunner

May 14, 2012 at 6:54 pm

All I see is a young lad that is cheering about the team he loves. He just happens to play for us

Cone on the gunners

And get in there jack you beauty