Chelsea Transfer News: Bid Rejected For Nigerian Attacker
Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan claims to have rejected a third offer from Chelsea for attacker Victor Moses, believed to be in the region of £5 million.
With the summer transfer window in full swing, Football Talk will be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer news throughout the summer. Today, Chelsea have a third bid for Victor Moses rejected.
Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan claims to have rejected a third offer from Chelsea for attacker Victor Moses, according to Sky Sports News.
Moses has just 12 months to run on his current Wigan contract and has so far resisted attempts to make him sign an extension, with several Premier League clubs said to be monitoring the 21-year-old’s situation.
Chelsea are said to be leading the race for the talented Nigerian attacker and had an opening £3.5m offer rejected by Wigan last month.
Sky Sports report that the latest bid was £5m, but again Whelan has rejected the offer out of hand and insists his star man wont be leaving the DW Stadium on the cheap.
While the Latics are willing to listen to further offers for Moses, they have not given up hope of him extending his contract and insist the likes of Chelsea must meet their valuation of the player.
Whelan has also told the former Crystal Palace winger that he should shun the advances of Chelsea and remain under the guidance of manager Roberto Martinez for at least another season. Quoted by Sky Sports News, Whelan said:
“They’ve made three bids and we’ve not accepted any, we’re still hoping that he signs an extended deal.
“They’ve all come in the last three weeks, but they’ve not offered enough.
“I don’t know if they’ll bid again, but if they do we always listen. And if it is what Roberto believes he is worth then we will take it from there.
“If the lad had any brains he’d stay under Roberto for another year or so.”
Despite already signing Marko Marin, Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard this summer, owner Roman Abramovich doesn’t look like he’s ready to end the spending just yet. If Sky Sports are accurate, they are still in for Moses and are also on the verge of splashing £25m on Brazilian midfielder Oscar.
Do you think Chelsea should push the boat out to land Moses? Get involved in the comments section.
/ 11 hours ago
Chelsea take on Burnley at Turf Moor on Saturday afternoon. Here is the team we...
/ 12 hours ago
Manchester United take on Arsenal at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon. Here is the...