Connect with us

Arsenal

A Letter to Arsene Wenger…

arsene-wenger

Written by guest blog armourysquare

Dear Mr. Wenger,

If chance ever provides me and you meeting together there is something I would wish to give you so badly, that my heart craves for. A nice hard sucker punch right on your face. You are manager of Arsenal Football Club and have been one of the most successful managers for this club. But personally, I really don’t think you give a damn for “our” club. Why? Well simply because you are the biggest liar on the planet and I applaud the way you can blatantly lie on T.V. This is what you said on 18th April, 2010.Go check it, its on Arsenal.com.

“I think we can overcome [Chelsea],” he said. “For a while we were not investing maybe because we had built the stadium but I think our financial situation is now becoming much stronger and we will be capable to buy the players we need to buy.”

“No we cannot [compete] on wages with Chelsea. That is simple. I believe what is not normal is not our wage bill but their wage bill because that should not be allowed.

“However they cannot all go to Chelsea, it is as simple as that. There are top players outside of the ones Chelsea want to buy who are good enough for us.”

The Barclays Premier League season has ended for about 3 months now. You promised you would “strengthen” the squad this summer. Lets take a look of what you have done:

1. You release 3 defenders – Sol Campbell, William Galls and Mikael Silvestre .

2. You get 1 – Laurient Koscielny.

3. We currently have 3 defenders, ( I am talking only about CB’s) – Thomas Vermaelen, Johann Djourou and Laurient Koscielny.

4. In general we require 5 defenders, but because you are such a miser, lets say we require 4.

So, according to maths, originally we have 6 ( including our latest summer signing ), but now we have : 6 – 3 = 3.

Let me spell this out for you ” T-H-R-E-E “, thus we require 1 more CB. But no, you will not buy because we don’t have finanaces, our stadium is too small to accomodate 1 more defender…”oh the horror.”

Also, I have noticed that the newspapers link everybody to our club. This is a request to them, the only way we will believe you is that if this french-man tells us that ” we are interested and lets see what happens”. So, please don’t report to us a host of players linked as it always gets our hopes up and when we end up not signing anyone we all get pissed-off.

Then there is the goal-keeper, our beloved shot-stopper. Yes, I know you love him and want to give the “dynamic-duo” chances, but give them chances in another club you manage. Yes, go to another club, pay Arsenal and sign these two guys and have all the fun you want. We are sick and tired of watching their “play” over and over on “Youtubes funniest football videos.”

You go on saying these 2 words “I believe”, but let me ask you something, what do you believe in? That our team, sorry let me correct myself…our defense is good enough to tackle attacks of upgraded Manchester City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spuds…you are probably dreaming…

You probably think that one day “when” you win a trophy for Arsenal, you will come and tell all the Arsenal fans and media, “look I was right and you all were wrong..”. But trust me that day will only come when the sun stops shining and the earth starts shining! The reason for our club not doing so well is simple – its your ego, you think you are always right. Guess what? You’re not. 47 pounds for 1 match ticket, so logically an Arsenal fan will spend (only for home-games) 19×47=893 pounds each season to watch “beautiful football”…wonderful.

Reports have recently emerged that Shay Given is ready to leave Manchester City….and yet I have not seen any transfer movement on our keeper issue. Are you telling me that you are willing to spend 2 ml pounds on Mark Schwarzer but can’t spend 4 ml more and get a better quality keeper in Shay Given? Lets have a look at what you said when you were asked about transfers..( your mortal enemy ! )

Speaking in his first pre-game press conference of the season, the Arsenal coach stressed that his only focus at the moment was selecting a goalkeeper from within his current squad for the opening game against Liverpool.

“No,” was the Frenchman’s simple response when it was put to him that bids could be placed for Given and Hart.

“No.No,” he continued when asked a second and third time, before stressing, “I just told you that transfers are my secondary worry; my only focus is to get the team ready to start on Sunday. We do not need to buy to play well on Sunday. We have quite a strong squad.

Look man, we all are scared about Liverpool. They have a good team, they have made good transfers. All you have done is that you have brought in another striker and a defender. You have not addressed the areas in which we were weak, then when we won’t win anything, you will probably say “next season we will contest, blah blah…”, and we will find an excuse to give ourselves as to why we did not win anything for the 6th year in a row. Success is equivalent to titles, not about building your team and showing “beautiful football” to the world. A top team is one which can do both- FC Barcelona, Manchester United etc but somehow I don’t see our names in that list…

Before I end my letter let me tell you something. I love my club, and I do not want to see it get beaten down so badly even though it is financially completely stable. My request to you is that, if you have any doubts that you will not be able to give us a trophy this year, please give in your resignation to the board. There is still time and a new manager can be appointed. We as Arsenal fans can never doubt what a man like you has done for the club so far as the debts are concerned. But at the end of the day, as fans, we want trophies, not balanced books. So please check yourself before you start managing this season, not only in your hands do you manage a top-class club but also in your hands rests the happiness of a million Gooners around the globe…

Regards,

DKD

***Thank you to armourysquare for providing this article. Let it be clear that these are the views of the guest writer and not Football-talk.co.uk***

132 Comments

132 Comments

1. Andrew

August 15, 2010 at 10:31 am

You have a right to say what youve said, I dont disagree with a lot of what you said – lets see what this year brings though.

Like you, I have been utterly frustrated at AW’s ‘self agenda’ to prove to the world that his ‘genius’ can build a world beating side on the cheap – here goes another year.

The worst thing for me is that the league has now started and where are we in the transfer market – late as usual – and maybe nothing more will happen. Even AW cant be blind to the dreadful defensive frailty – I mean, five let in against Legia (thankfully we scored six) but it was frightening at the back – a true horror show. What Liverpool ‘could’ do to us would be scary – we desperately need strength in depth and as the most expensive club in the world to support we deserve more and a bit earlier please.

Cheer up DK, it mightnt be so bad – we have some good players – a result today will set us up well.

2. AMC

August 15, 2010 at 10:35 am

Get back to playing Football Manager. You are an idiot.

3. luke

August 15, 2010 at 10:36 am

there’s still time to sign players, if by the end of the transfer window we’re still short i might agree with you. but till then i think you should pipe down, because you sound like a school boy bitch. come on you mighty gunners

4. Wanatic

August 15, 2010 at 10:36 am

Fans don’t care about the financial situation but about titles? First, i’m happier to see a beautiful playin squad which always trys its best and maybe doesnt win all the time then a team of cunts like chelsea, who win titles but play lousy football! Look at inter milan. Would you been proud winning the cl like this. I felt asleep in every game they played and i’m sure i will with mourinos real again. Is the sense of football realy to win, no matter what the price is? For me the answer is definetly NO! Now to the finance: wenger is a genious! There will never be a manager who has that under controll so well again! Look at all the clubs, how much money they spend each year for transfers and wages. Such a strategie works fine for a short horizon but in the long run they need more and more investors and if they arent ready to pay your club is ruined! If man city wont win titles in the next three yers i’m sure the investors are pissed and leave. And then all its bitchy players will – like bitches always do – work for the next richer one! So thanx mister wenger for being competitive year for year with a budget smaler then many others!

5. armourysquare

August 15, 2010 at 10:37 am

you know all you guys say this…but at the end of the season , you will be the ones blaming , criticising and abusing the club if we dont win the title…..atleast I am honest….to the guys who thinks i borrowed all this article, let me tell you all something…..i never borrowed anything from anywhere, i am not a copy-cat type of guy, i write what i think is true.
    The sad part is that you all know the samething but you all will tell this- when Arsenal lose to Chels, Manchester UTD OR city or Spuds….hyprocrits and liars, you all stick by the club when only it is in its good times, like right now, before the season. I am speaking facts….our manager has not bought a replacement keepr, nor a defender, last season we lost because of injuries, look at man utd , even they had injuries – one time they had their entire defense out, they managed….we don’t have any extra defenders….yes, if u count a guy like Silvestre a good-solid CB, then I’M SORRY…none of you guys no football…Im not a pessimist, i am just speaking the truth….guess its to hot to handle for you guys…
    my seasons prediction…is that Arsenal will come 1st, but I’m an arsenal supporter, i am tired of seeing my team come 3rd and 4th after a promising start ALWAYS…..see facts and then give ur screwed up criticisms…if we get a keepr like Given we get 10 more points ….we are right up there with the top 2(considering last season )….but we didnt….why did we screw up against birmingham?,…keepr.last-to-last yr…FA cup semifinal against Chelseas…flappy bday gift to us….lets face the truth,unless we get a solid keepr and i back-up defender,we only have to hope the other “5-7” title contenders slip – up for us to win the title…Be honest, and u will earn respect…there is nothing wrong to criticise something you fell is wrong…u all support Arsenal, and its your right to speak out if you feel smthing is wrong, why are you all so scared…”ARSENAL TILL I DIE,BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT IF THE CLUB CHARGES THE HIGHEST FOR EPL TICKETS, AND DOES NOT WIN TROPHIES I AM GOING TO SIT DOWN AND SAY…’NEXT SEASON’, AND MAKE EXCUSES FOR 6 DAMN YEARS”…when we play well i will encourage and support my team ,but if i see something is wrong, and i willt speak up…otherwise you wont ever get any Arsenal blogs in the world wide web…. lastly one of you said Arsenal was trying, yeah, sure…for 3 months they have been trying…they anyway take ages to sign a player,for eg.Arshavin took the entire winter transfer window,and 2 more days, sol took time so did Koscielny…biggest hypocrits on the planet…

• Stew

August 15, 2010 at 11:22 am

Hypocrits! hahaha…..

What a moron! Probably the same guy who said Vermaelen would be no good etc….

You just love moaning….

Who would you get as manager who could do a better job????

• hildappell

July 31, 2011 at 5:14 am

10-й всероссийский конгресс диетологов и нутрициологовпочему на жесткой диете вес не уменьшаетсяправильное питание при камнях в почках10-ти дневная монодиетадиета при повышеном холестеринепесенка про толстячка который хотел похудетькак быстро похудеть в домашних условиях народные рецептыметод похудения евгении багиной12 шагов лишний весдиета быстро сбросить весполезное голодание для похудениякремлевская диета таблица описаниесамые легкие и эффективные диеты английская диетарецепты аромотерапии для похудения в домашних условияхтела после неудачных диетс чего начинать в тренажерном зале чтобы похудетьпомогите похудеть на 25 кгстальные двери как быстро похудеть за неделюдиеты похудеть за 1 месяц на 8 кг срочноксинекап -лекарство для похудения

6. OLD GOONER

August 15, 2010 at 10:45 am

Fantastic Letter, i couldn’t agree more, me and a great deal of other genuine supporters (not Wenger lap dogs) are fed up with his stupid attitude and constant excuses.
    We all know what the team needs and we still cling to every transfer rumour in the hope that the player issues will be solved.

Nice letter

Old Gooner

7. Anon Gooner

August 15, 2010 at 10:46 am

This is the worst thing I have ever read in my entire life.

You clearly think ruining a football club is just like playing football manager.

Please go and support a club like Tottenham.

8. Tim

August 15, 2010 at 10:51 am

There’s 2 more weeks in the transfer window, so we could easily get a defender and a goalie. Yeah Man U are in debt along with half the other sides, but arsenal are all good. We have some great players. Nasri is the shiz, Fabregas, Asharvin, just to name a few. Lets see how the defenders go before we criticize too. As for other reasons I like Arsenal, they play wonderful football. Isn’t that one of the main reasons we support them? I’m from New Zealand, and can see Arsene is a smart man. I see a long future for Arsenal because we didn’t throw away money and have a very talented side. We came 3rd las time, and we have the same squad(almost) who have another year under the belt, and who know each others game more and if you ask me that means they gel better and perform better. Not to mention a great striker in Chamak. We didn’t lose last year, we got injured!
    Fit Arsenal team means Premiership to me. Go the Gunner woop woop

9. Mad4Arsenal

August 15, 2010 at 11:04 am

u say..’we as arsenal supporters’…No u Idiot…there is no WE in your stupid letter….and here is proof…
    None of the Real Arsenal supporters who will be commenting to your letter will be supporting u…..
    Yes I agree with J…go and start a team at school….lmao!!!!

10. IvoryGoonz

August 15, 2010 at 11:05 am

The fourth is Nordtveit. And I’m sure he can step up. With 20 league games in Bundesliga last season, he’s raring to play.

11. Stew

August 15, 2010 at 11:05 am

I am getting sick of these bloggers who write as if they talk for all Arsenal fans…

I go to every game home and away…..there is no where near as much pessimism because we can see how close we are. I agree we need a CB and that will be addressed.

Your verbal attack is a disgrace, I am so sick of these arm-chair fans speaking as if they are talking for everyone….YOU ARE NOT. Your opinion does not match the majority of fans….or why else would the season tickets, memberships and away tickets sell so quick…

We are not all as immature and impatient as you.
    Every top club has a barron run, this is ours and it coincides with a smooth transition to the best stadium in football and with us being secured for generations to come (how many clubs can say that) – AFC for ever…..the others are not so sure.

SHUT IT

• armourysquare

August 15, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I NEVER DOUBT HIS SIGNINGS YOU TWAT, JUST THE PART OF MAKING OUR TEAM WIN TROPHIES…WE HAVE A QUALITY SQUAD,A LITTLE MORE OF QUALITY WILL NOT HURT YOUR BACKSIDE OR MINE, GROW UP AND EXCEPT THE FACT THAT TO WIN WE REQUIRE A QLTY KEEPER, THEN YOUR A GOONERS OR ELSE JUST A MULE!

• Stew

August 15, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Just a note – Your arguments would sound stronger if you could make them without obcenties and sensationalism…..

However, I do have a great place for you to voice your opinions and be valued:

Send your Letter and CV to:

The Sun
        1 Virginia Street
        Wapping
        London E98 1SN

OR

British Sky Broadcasting Ltd,
        Grant Way,
        Isleworth,
        Middlesex, TW7 5QD

They will LOVE you there…..

12. keith

August 15, 2010 at 11:09 am

I feel that Wengers action in the transfer market has been pure negligence he has taken this club backwards for the last five years he can not attract top players to the club and has a lack of tacticle knowledge.He has signed the contract only so he gets a decent payout when he is sacked at xmas when Arsenal have let in 50 goals

13. hitman

August 15, 2010 at 11:12 am

100% right i’m fed up with all the akb’s they should see what wengers nick name was in france before he left for japan………
    great letter dont listen to some of these negative comments..there’s more of us than them.
    real supporters who can see through the crapthat wenger and the club spouts out.

14. Claptongoon

August 15, 2010 at 11:22 am

what an idiot. get back under that rock you inbreed.

15. Adam

August 15, 2010 at 11:25 am

Some decent points but crudely expressed and it’s hard not to believe that you have certain psychological issues which have found an outlet here. If it was up to me I’d make you manager of Arsenal tomorrow and then we could sit back and really have a laugh.

• armourysquare

August 15, 2010 at 11:39 am

sure, mate make me manager of Arsenal tomorrow, ill go to the limit of gathering suggestions from fans to make my club win trophies…believe me i will…Its reall pissing off to see a fanatstic club with so much privelage,culture, sound financial staus have no trophies…don’t you agree, and be honest !

16. george

August 15, 2010 at 11:40 am

author,you are a cunt.

• armourysquare

August 15, 2010 at 2:15 pm

YOUR A TRUE ARSENAL FAN AND SAME TO YOU MY FRIEND..( BY THE WAY, LOOK UP THE MEANING OF SARCASM BEFORE U UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF THE FIRST LINE.).

17. looneygooner

August 15, 2010 at 11:49 am

You forgot all the home cup games we get in the CL so it’s not 47 quid, do your maths properly instead of stirring up fantasy shit, and Given isn’t the keeper you think he is, no good at crosses, a moaner and not even six feet,as for no trophies try the 60’s 70’s and 80’s when we won only a few, but maybe it’s because you have only been around for a little while I have endure all those eras with hardly no silverware and we played shit football a lot of the times

• Stew

August 15, 2010 at 11:55 am

Spot on…..this guy just loves a moan….

He needs a reality check….

All the teams are trying to win! Its not easy…..all teams have peaks and troughs….

Get a grip and support your team, through tick and thin

• armourysquare

August 15, 2010 at 12:13 pm

ARE U HIGH, WHO SAI I WON’T SUPPORT MY TEAM THROUGH AND THROUGH YOU, ALL IM SAYING IS THAT OUR MANAGERS SHOULD KEEP HIS WORD AND “STRENGHTEN THE SQUAD”

• armourysquare

August 15, 2010 at 12:15 pm

SCREW YOU MAN, HE IS BETTER THAN ALMUNIA AND FLAPPY COMBINED….

• armourysquare

August 15, 2010 at 2:17 pm

DO YOU CARE TO KEEP THEN MATE…SEEING YOUR SO GOOD…GO ON GIVE IT A TRY SON…YOU MIGHT MAKE THE TEAM…

18. Yoyoyo

August 15, 2010 at 11:57 am

Was this s*** writen by a kid!Wt the f*** is this?Get a life man.

19. Red Specs

August 15, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Oh please!
    Well I suppose you’ve got what you wanted. Attention seeking teenager springs to mind.
    When you’ve been through really dark days with the Arsenal then you can moan about the manager. I’ve had decades of experiencing the ups and downs and today is nothing like a ‘down’.
    There! I’ve been drawn into giving you the attention you’re after.

• armourysquare

August 15, 2010 at 2:21 pm

THANK YOU…IT WAS WHAT I WAS SEARCHING FOR ALL THESE YEARS WHILE YOU WERE WATCHING ARSENAL LOOSE TITLE AFTER TITLE…LOYALTY TO YOUR CLUB IS ALL VERY GOOD BUT WITH OUT WINNING, ALL FOOTBALL MATCHES WOULD BE PRACTICE GAMES..SO WAKE UP GOONER….I AM NOT SAYING THAT I’M NOT SUPPORTING THE CLUB, BUT ARSENAL DESERVE BETTER AND I WANT THE GLORY DAYS BACK.

20. Mohamed Zubairu

August 15, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I could not read through this article because it contains gutter language. I wish that supporters like you who do not respect a manager that have won more laurels more than any other in Arsenal should quit and go support Man City. Wenger is executing the policy of this club. If you o not agree with it, go and support another club rather than pouring out invectives on the best manager in the world.
    This article stinks!

21. metalhead

August 15, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Mate, I think you must have been really angry when you wrote this so called ‘letter’.You should have waited till you cooled off a little. I think most Arsenal fans are disappointed with the way things have panned out in the transfer market. But saying things like “A nice hard sucker punch right on your face” to someone like Arsene Wenger is just not on. Honesty is good thing provided you share your honest opinions with discretion. By the way you’re right about a lot of things.

22. j-sta

August 15, 2010 at 12:04 pm

ur shit. Waste of time.

23. Alex

August 15, 2010 at 12:12 pm

My only wish is for the author to do one and let our club be. You are no fan of Arsenal with your short termism and total disregard for the circumstances under which AW has operated under. The very man who gave a cuntbucket like you the bragging rights with his equally stupid mates is the guy you are turning on now. Thats the behaviour of a snitch and a dickhead. We will be better off without you plastic muppet.

24. AGooner

August 15, 2010 at 12:13 pm

F***’s sake I am so sick of other Arsenal fans. We easily have to have the whingiest bunch of negative doom merchants out of any fans in all of Europe. As if Arsene doesn’t know we need at least 1 CB you dumb F**K! He is trying to sign one and has been for the last month but it’s not like football manager where you can just sign any player you want. It’s alot more complicated than that and teams aren’t always willing to sell. Yes we have money for transfers but we don’t have endless money like money bags city for chelski, so we can’t afford to pay over the odds for a defender who is going to be shite. This has been one of the quietest transfer summers I can remember so it’s obvious signings are hard to come by this season.

I hate Arsenal fans so freaken much, liverpool fans never whinge this much even though they have had a hell of a lot more success than us and haven’t won the league since 89.

25. waheed

August 15, 2010 at 12:21 pm

If you call yourself a real arsenal fan you will surely support this letter cause the guy is saying the real truth Arsene is a f*****ing manager he should be managing a club like Bolton that keep fighting for premiership place not ambitious club Arsenal six years without trophy please Arsenal fans let stick together and let this man know that he is hurting us so much with his lies and deceit

26. Murkin

August 15, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Was this load of sh*te written by the same retards who are responsible for that puerile piece of w*nk Arsenal Action? Looks like the similar infantile tabloid low brow tosh

27. True Gooner

August 15, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Silly little boy, how old are you? What da matter, are you getting teased by the other children because your club doesn’t have any shiny new players?

Arsenal have finished no lower than 4th in every single season since Wenger arrived – we have been able to do this, without the injection of a sugar daddy and while developing more premier league calibre players than any other club in the league – and we’ve built a new stadium to boot.

But boo f*cking hoo – we haven’t won a trophy for 5 years and to all the small minded children who see their football club as some kind of status symbol, that is all that matters.

Grow up. Grow some b*lls and back your club.

• armourysquare

August 15, 2010 at 2:28 pm

YOUR SUPPORT SHOULD BE WITH LESSER CLUBS BECAUSE THEY NEVER WIN TITLES BUT THEN AGAIN YOU LOVE IT…YOU BE HAPPY WITH 4TH MY FRIEND AND LET US REAL FANS TRY TO SUCCED..

• Stew

August 15, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Please stop writing, you really are embarassing yourself mate.

Enjoy the rest of your summer holidays, school starts in 2 weeks 🙁

28. Superfly

August 15, 2010 at 12:40 pm

what a loser go back to where you come from you dumb tottenham fan stop trying to scam us.

29. Goonersprotector

August 15, 2010 at 12:52 pm

I think the writer is trying to instil some instability into the Arsenal fans by saying negative issues.

Wenger had said that it is difficult to buy players and clubs do not want to sell either. If all you IDIOTS keep on saying all this on the blog that Arsenal needs to buy, those clubs may raise the price of the players tremendously. If the player is only worth 3 million then it is not wise to spend 10 miilion on him. World Class players also demand high salary of 120-150 pounds a week excluding all other benefits.

Anyway, if Arsene has bought all the players you idiots wants and still did not win the title, you idiots will make even more noise.

If you are not an Arsenal Supporters, please leave the blog alone anmd don’t create trouble.

30. MAJANGA DANIELS

August 15, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Anyone who is saying that the current squad is strong enough is dreaming. The team not only needs 2 more CBs but also a good defensive midfielder. The truth is Wenger has done absolutely nothing to strengthen the squad and coz of him being a miser, he would look for an excuse at season end.

For the last 5 years, has Wenger ever failed to give an excuse???? the team is young crap has ben used for very long. lets wait to see what he comes up with. he has been given finances and yet he seems not decided what to do.

Any good manager will tell you that once one of your star palyers shows any sign of moving to another club, start looking for a replacement. I would have expected wenger to have bought someone who would be a replacement for wenger. Get it guys, FAB is going soon. did wenger get Khedira, Ozil, etc NO NO NO . WENGER IS NOT A GOOD MANAGER