- Blues Ready To Battle Arsenal & Man Utd For £52m-Rated Duo
- Chelsea Eye Swoop On Liverpool After Midfielder Rejects New £80k Deal
- Man Utd Ready To Hijack Arsenal’s Bid To Land €17m German Star
- Double Injury Boost For Arsenal Ahead Of QPR Game
- Arsenal & Man Utd Given Go-Ahead To Sign €40m Hitman
- Chelsea Team News: Mourinho Offers Injury Update On Fabregas & Luis
Liverpool Name 20-Man Squad For Zenit Clash
Liverpool take on Zenit St Petersburg in the first leg of their Europa League last 32 tie in Russia on Thursday.
Ahead of the game, Liverpool’s official website has confirmed that boss Brendan Rodgers has named a strong squad that includes all the big names that have been rested during previous rounds of the competition.
Captain Steven Gerrard is on the plane along with the likes of striker Luis Suarez, goalkeeper Pepe Reina, midfielder Lucas Leiva and defenders Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson. Nineteen-year-old Conor Coady is also given a taste of the first team and travels in the 20-man squad along with fellow youngsters Raheem Sterling, Jonjo Shelvey, Suso and Andre Wisdom.
The only notable names not included are January signings Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge, who are both ineligible. Here is the squad:
Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Suarez, Borini, Jones, Wisdom, Agger, Coates, Henderson, Coady, Shelvey, Suso, Sterling.
Now we’ve seen the squad, what would be your starting eleven for the game? Get involved in the comments section below.