- Arsenal Eye Audacious Move For Key Barcelona Midfielder
- Man Utd Boss Confirms He’ll Buy Attacker & Responds To Reported Ronaldo Interest
- World Class Striker Drops Huge Hint Over Manchester United Move
- Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Chelsea & Liverpool Target, Deal Expected Soon
- Man Utd To Table Formal Bid For £35m-Rated Chelsea Target After Talks With Agent
- Man Utd Target Refuses To Rule Out £40m Arsenal Move Following Talks With Wenger
Liverpool Name 20-Man Squad For Zenit Clash
Liverpool take on Zenit St Petersburg in the first leg of their Europa League last 32 tie in Russia on Thursday.
Ahead of the game, Liverpool’s official website has confirmed that boss Brendan Rodgers has named a strong squad that includes all the big names that have been rested during previous rounds of the competition.
Captain Steven Gerrard is on the plane along with the likes of striker Luis Suarez, goalkeeper Pepe Reina, midfielder Lucas Leiva and defenders Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson. Nineteen-year-old Conor Coady is also given a taste of the first team and travels in the 20-man squad along with fellow youngsters Raheem Sterling, Jonjo Shelvey, Suso and Andre Wisdom.
The only notable names not included are January signings Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge, who are both ineligible. Here is the squad:
Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Suarez, Borini, Jones, Wisdom, Agger, Coates, Henderson, Coady, Shelvey, Suso, Sterling.
Now we’ve seen the squad, what would be your starting eleven for the game? Get involved in the comments section below.