- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Liverpool Name 20-Man Squad For Zenit Clash
Liverpool take on Zenit St Petersburg in the first leg of their Europa League last 32 tie in Russia on Thursday.
Ahead of the game, Liverpool’s official website has confirmed that boss Brendan Rodgers has named a strong squad that includes all the big names that have been rested during previous rounds of the competition.
Captain Steven Gerrard is on the plane along with the likes of striker Luis Suarez, goalkeeper Pepe Reina, midfielder Lucas Leiva and defenders Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson. Nineteen-year-old Conor Coady is also given a taste of the first team and travels in the 20-man squad along with fellow youngsters Raheem Sterling, Jonjo Shelvey, Suso and Andre Wisdom.
The only notable names not included are January signings Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge, who are both ineligible. Here is the squad:
Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Suarez, Borini, Jones, Wisdom, Agger, Coates, Henderson, Coady, Shelvey, Suso, Sterling.
Now we’ve seen the squad, what would be your starting eleven for the game? Get involved in the comments section below.