- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
- Man Utd Plotting £90m Move For 321 Goal Super-Star
- Key Man Ruled Out As Man Utd Announce 20-Man Squad For PSV Game
- Chelsea Dealt Blow As Key Man Suffers Injury Ahead Of Everton Trip
- Madrid Chief: Arsenal Target Was Among 4 Players Man Utd Tried To Sign This Summer
Liverpool Name 20-Man Squad For Zenit Clash
Liverpool take on Zenit St Petersburg in the first leg of their Europa League last 32 tie in Russia on Thursday.
Ahead of the game, Liverpool’s official website has confirmed that boss Brendan Rodgers has named a strong squad that includes all the big names that have been rested during previous rounds of the competition.
Captain Steven Gerrard is on the plane along with the likes of striker Luis Suarez, goalkeeper Pepe Reina, midfielder Lucas Leiva and defenders Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson. Nineteen-year-old Conor Coady is also given a taste of the first team and travels in the 20-man squad along with fellow youngsters Raheem Sterling, Jonjo Shelvey, Suso and Andre Wisdom.
The only notable names not included are January signings Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge, who are both ineligible. Here is the squad:
Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Suarez, Borini, Jones, Wisdom, Agger, Coates, Henderson, Coady, Shelvey, Suso, Sterling.
Now we’ve seen the squad, what would be your starting eleven for the game? Get involved in the comments section below.