Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
Liverpool transfer news including updates on a £20m striker bid being rejected and a defender being told he must leave on loan to save his career.
The transfer window is now drawing to a close so we’ll bring you all the latest transfer rumours and gossip from around the globe. Today, news on Liverpool duo Danny Ings and Mamadou Sakho….
Reds reject Ings offer
First up and ESPN are reporting that Liverpool have rejected approaches from eight Premier League clubs for Danny Ings and even knocked back an offer in excess of £20m for the striker.
Ings joined Liverpool from Burnley last summer but saw his first season at Anfield disrupted after suffering a serious ACL injury back in October and has been working his way back to full fitness in recent weeks.
The England international has played for the Liverpool Under-23 side this season but is yet to feature in the first team set-up leading to speculation he could be on the move before the transfer window slams shut tomorrow night.
ESPN claim that eight different Premier League clubs have enquired about signing Ings either on loan or on a permanent basis with one unnamed club believed to have offered in excess of £20m for the striker.
However, the report indicates that all parties were told the 24-year-old was not available as he is firmly in Jurgen Klopp’s plans for the coming season. The German coach said as much earlier this month:
“We’re counting on Ingsy. He is a fantastic boy. He was injured since October last year and he needed time. Now he’s getting better and better.” Klopp is quoted as saying by ESPN
So it looks as though Ings is set to remain at Anfield and he’ll battle it out with Divock Origi, Daniel Sturridge and Roberto Firmino for a starting role in Klopp’s side this season.
Sakho told to leave
Next up and the Liverpool Echo are reporting that Mamadou Sakho has been told by Jurgen Klopp he has to leave on loan in order to save his Liverpool career.
The French international has fallen out-of-favour at Anfield following a turbulent six months that saw him initially banned for seemingly failing a drugs test before the decision was overturned – not before Sakho had already missed a Europa League final and Euro 2016.
The 26-year-old was then sent home from the clubs pre-season tour of America after continually breaking the rules having turned up late for the flight, late for a team meal and failed to attend a treatment session for an Achilles injury.
This lack of respect has led Klopp to question Sakho’s attitude and the Liverpool Echo claim the defender has now been told he’s not in the managers plans for the season with the likes of Joel Matip, Dejan Lovren and Ragnar Klaven all ahead of him in the pecking order.
READ MORE –> Liverpool transfer news
The Echo say that Sakho has been informed he needs to leave on loan before the window slams shut on Wednesday night to prove his professionalism and fitness with the likes of West Brom and Stoke understood to be interested.
We’ll have to wait and see what happens over the coming hours but it looks like Klopp has taken a hard stance with Sakho and the centre-back is now fighting to save his Anfield career.
/ 10 hours ago
Liverpool are at St Mary's tonight knowing they need a win over Southampton to...
/ 14 hours ago
Manchester United are one of the best placed clubs to sign Benfica forward Darwin...