Arsenal’s loanees – How many will make it – Part 2
Following on from yesterdays Part 1 of our Arsenal Loanees post looking at which of the young Gunners on loan would make it at the club, here is section 2:
Thomas Cruise – Carlisle United
- Apps: 6 Goals: 0
- Loan started: November 3 Loan due to end: January 8
- Last match: Carlisle United 0-2 Dagenham and Redbridge
- League position: 11th in League One
Verdict: How Thomas does at the club depends a lot of Gael Clichy. He is the heir apparent for the left back position after Kieran Gibbs. If Clichy moves on then Thomas would have a much better chance of making it to the first team. Otherwise, he might end up like another Armand Traore, although Thomas is a much better player.
Cedric Evina – Oldham Athletic
- Apps: 8 Goals: 1
- Loan started: October 5 Loan due to end: January 4
- Last match: Rochdale 1-1 Oldham
- League Position: 6th in League One
Verdict: Very much an utility player which Arsene likes to keep. Have seen him in attack and defense so he is quite comfortable in both areas. His adaptability will be an asset and keep him at the club
Samuel Galindo – Salamanca
- Apps: 0+4 Goals: 0
- Loan started: September 3 Loan due to end: End of season
- Last match: Salamanca 4-2 Las Palmas
- League position: 4th in Spanish Second Division
Verdict: Another one following the footsteps of Carlos Vela. He will be given chances, again just like Vela so whether he makes it or not is entirely up to him.
Gavin Hoyte – Lincoln City
- Apps: 7 Goals: 0
- Loan started: October 29 Loan due to end: January 29
- Last match: Hereford 2-2 Lincoln City
- League position: 19th in League Two
Verdict: Although I like him when I saw him play, unfortunately I don’t think he will be ever good enough for the Gunners. Will be following his brother’s way out of the squad.
Henri Lansbury – Norwich City
- Apps: 4 Goals: 0
- Loan started: November 22 Loan due to end: January 16
- Last match: Coventry 1-2 Norwich City
- League position: 5th in Championship
Verdict: Already featured in the first team this season, Henri is definitely going to stay at the club. His loan spell has been a success and I see him emulating Jack Wilshere and being injected into the senior team once he is back from his loan spell. He will be a mainstay in the Arsenal team for a long time.
/ 37 mins ago
Chelsea have been highlighted as a possible destination for Ivan Perisic, who would welcome...