Update On Liverpool’s Bid To Sign Keita: Club Ready To Sell, Director Speaks Out
Here’s an update on Liverpool’s pursuit of Naby Keita including news of RB Leipzig deciding to sell and the clubs director speaking out.
Managers are now pressing ahead with their plans for the summer transfer window so we’ll bring you all the latest news and gossip from around the globe. Today, the latest news regarding Liverpool’s pursuit of Naby Keita….
Liverpool’s attempt to sign RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita has been one of this summers most intriguing transfer saga’s and we’ve had more interesting developments today.
Jurgen Klopp has identified the Guinea international as one of his prime transfer targets but Liverpool have so far been frustrated in their attempts to get a deal agreed.
The Express claim the Reds are mulling over whether to make a third bid worth £75m after seeing their previous two offers, worth £57m and £66m, rejected by Leipzig with the Bundesliga outfit insisting Keita isn’t for sale at any price.
However, the newspaper is citing a report coming out from Bild that claims Liverpool have been handed a major boost after Leipzig performed a dramatic u-turn.
The German publication says sporting director Ralf Rangnick is now ready to cash-in on Keita and has already instructed his scouts to draw-up a list of potential replacements.
It’s believed the decision was made after Keita committed a brutal foul on team mate Diego Demme during pre-season training that left the player requiring lengthy treatment.
Keita was quick to apologise for his actions but Bild say the 22-year-old is unmotivated in training and Leipzig feel it’s best to sell now before his £48m buyout clause becomes active next summer.
Obviously if this report is accurate, then it would be a huge boost to Liverpool as it would pave the way for Keita to complete his protracted move to Anfield.
However, before Liverpool fans get too excited, contrary to the report in Bild, Leipzig managing director Oliver Mintzlaff has reiterated the clubs desire to keep hold of Keita beyond this summer.
The midfielder played 45 minutes during a friendly win over Konyaspor last night and Mintzlaff is quoted as saying by the Liverpool Echo after the game:
“RB Leipzig is looking forward to the next season together with Naby Keita.”
No doubt some will feel this is Leipzig just continuing to play ‘the game’ in the hope of driving up his price even further while others will take the statement as proof Keita isn’t going anywhere this summer.
READ MORE –> Liverpool transfer news
There will be plenty more twists and turns in this saga but the fact is only those involved in the negotiations know exactly what’s going on. However, if Keita really does want to join Liverpool, I think he’ll get his wish in the end.
/ 27 mins ago
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has said that he has no good news regarding the...
/ 12 hours ago
Chelsea take on Watford at Vicarage Road on Wednesday night. Here is the starting...