Tottenham Set To Complete £32m Double Swoop After Star Confirms Move

By on August 28, 2017

Managers are now pressing ahead with their plans for the final days of the summer transfer window so we’ll bring you all the latest news and gossip from around the globe. Today, Tottenham are closing-in on a double swoop…

Tottenham are set to wrap-up a double swoop for Serge Aurier and Juan Foyth after the young centre-back confirmed he’s heading to north London, according to ESPN.

Foyth has been with Estudiantes his entire career having joined the clubs youth ranks and has progressed through the system to become a first team regular.

The 19-year-old caught the eye of several top European clubs, including Spurs, after playing a starring role for Argentina at the under-20 World Cup earlier in the summer.

Tottenham emerged as the front-runners to secure his signature and Foyth has now confirmed that he’s decided to join the north London outfit following a conversation with Mauricio Pochettino.

The young defender is quoted by ESPN as saying:

“It’s a club that bets on the young and I think I’m going to have a chance to play,”

“I also spoke with Mauricio Pochettino and I liked what he said. It’s what helped me decide that Tottenham was the right place to continue my career.

“He told me to go, train and, if I deserved it, that I would play. He also told me what the club was like and what his work ethic was.”

“The greatest dream of every footballer is to play in the Argentine national team. But I don’t want to think about that now, but to settle at Tottenham,”

Foyth is predominantly a central defender but he’s also capable of playing in midfield and ESPN claim he’s set to join Spurs in a deal worth in the region of £9m before the window slams shut.

And in what will be a double swoop, the report also says Tottenham are poised to announce the arrival of right-back Serge Aurier from Paris Saint-Germain after he was granted a work permit.

Aurier has been looking for a way out of PSG following the arrival of Dani Alves and the Mirror reported last week that Tottenham had agreed a £23m deal with the French giants.

The newspaper says the 24-year-old has already undergone his medical in Paris and was waiting for court documents to confirm his appeal against an assault conviction was successful in order for him to gain a work permit.

It seems those documents have now been received as ESPN claim Tottenham are set to announce the Ivory Coast international’s signing after he was granted a UK work permit.

READ MORE –> Spurs transfer news

So it looks like Spurs are on the verge of wrapping-up a £32m double deal that will see them sign a highly-rated centre-back and a direct replacement for Kyle Walker at right-back before the window shuts on Thursday night.

Best of the web

4 Comments

  1. joye Johnson

    August 28, 2017 at 10:31 pm

    Spurs have a great player in Marcus Edwards why is he not in the first team squad that was what was required on Sunday someone to hold up the flipping ball as well as stop going forward with 2 minutes to go, 2 stupid mistakes cost us 5 points already.has any of the new signings played in the EPL.. we often spend money on rubbish pay the current players what they are worth. All current first teamers should be on 100K weekly plus no questions

    • sheikh352

      August 28, 2017 at 10:57 pm

      FIVE points? How do you work that out? We lost ONE point against Chelsea and TWO against Burnley. It’s all well and good to be upset (I know I am) but let’s stick to facts,rather than hyperbole.

      • Rubadub

        August 29, 2017 at 4:46 am

        Loss to Chelsea = 3 pts lost, tie to Burnley = 2 pts lost, 3 + 2 = 5 pts lost #facts

  2. John G

    August 28, 2017 at 10:44 pm

    Totally agree with your comments. Poch needs to open his eyes. Poor substitutions on Sunday cost us dearly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *