[Tweet] BBC Journalist Offers Update On Arsenal’s Pursuit Of £45m Brazilian
David Ornstein has offered an update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Malcom and claims we’ve pulled out of a proposed £45m deal to sign the Bordeaux attacker.
The January transfer window is in full swing so clubs are working hard trying to strengthen their squads for the second half of the season and put deals in place for the summer. Today, Arsenal won’t be signing Malcom this month…
BBC journalist David Ornstein has offered an update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Malcom and claims we’ve pulled out of a proposed £45m deal to sign the Bordeaux attacker.
Arsene Wenger is in the market for attacking reinforcement after Theo Walcott completed his move to Everton while Alexis Sanchez is on the verge of joining Manchester United.
Malcom emerged as a top target in recent weeks and it looked like a deal was on the cards when the Guardian reported earlier this week that Arsenal chiefs had held talks with the players agents in France last weekend.
The newspaper said a deal was close and that personal terms were being discussed with Arsenal expected to pay Bordeaux around £45m for the 20-year-old’s signature.
However, our focus shifted to signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan as part of the Sanchez deal while we’re also reportedly in advanced negotiations to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund.
The Malcom speculation has gone quiet over the past 48 hours and David Ornstein – who’s widely regarded as the mouthpiece of Arsenal – has now claimed that a deal is OFF.
The BBC journalist took to Twitter to offer an update on all of Arsenal’s transfer activities and while the deals for Mkhitaryan and Aubaneyang are on-going, Ornstein says Arsenal chiefs decided Malcom was too inexperienced.
No developments expected today on Sanchez/Mkhitaryan. Still work to do as currently Mkhitaryan deal hasn't moved on & could yet go either way. Arsenal hopeful on that + Aubameyang. Talks continue. Malcom off – meetings held but eventually deemed too inexperienced #AFC #MUFC #BVB
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) January 19, 2018
Arsene Wenger hinted at his press conference yesterday that any move for the Brazilian youngster had been put on ice so it’s perhaps something the club may wish to revisit in the future.
READ MORE –> Arsenal transfer news
For now, Wenger is seemingly looking to bring in two experienced attackers and Mkhitaryan and Aubaneyang should be able to hit the ground running if they secure moves to the Emirates.
/ 3 hours ago
A selection of Chelsea fans praised the performance of Kai Havertz during the club’s...
/ 4 hours ago
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has confirmed that Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner could be...