Chelsea Team News: Conte Confirms Triple Blow As Trio Ruled Out Of Hull Clash
Antonio Conte has confirmed three players will miss Chelsea’s FA Cup fifth round clash with Hull City at Stamford Bridge tomorrow night.
Chelsea will be looking to book their place in the sixth round of the FA Cup when they take on Hull City at Stamford Bridge on Friday night.
Antonio Conte has been speaking to reporters at his pre-match press conference this afternoon and he’s provided the latest team news and injury updates ahead of the game.
The Blues boss confirmed a triple blow with the news that Tiemoue Bakyoko, Ross Barkley and David Luiz have been ruled out of the game tomorrow night.
Summer signing Bakayoko missed the 3-0 Premier League victory over West Bromwich Albion on Monday night with a knock and it seems the French international won’t recover in time to face Hull.
Barkley has endured an injury-plagued campaign as he’s made just three appearances in all competitions so far and his latest hamstring problem will keep him on the sidelines on Friday night.
Luiz also sat out the West Brom game on Monday night due to a knock and the Brazilian international will join Bakayoko and Barkley on the sidelines for the FA Cup clash tomorrow.
Conte told reporters:
Antonio Conte says David Luiz, Ross Barkley and Tiemoue Bakayoko are all out of tomorrow's game. There are a couple of other situations he needs to check on. #CHEHUL
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) February 15, 2018
On a more positive note, Olivier Giroud is expected to be available despite picking up a calf problem against the Baggies but there was no update on Marcos Alonso so the full-back may once again miss out with an ankle injury that’s kept him out in recent games.
/ 22 mins ago
Raphael Varane is due to travel to the UK on Monday to undergo his...
/ 15 hours ago
Liverpool are ready to compete with Manchester United for the signing of Eduardo Camavinga...