5 of Real Madrid’s best signings of all time
Real Madrid has been known for bringing in marquee players throughout history. Here is a list of the top five.
Real Madrid have been known for bringing in marquee players throughout history and there are numerous great players to have blessed the Bernabeu in recent years. The likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Luka Modric and Sergio Ramos have proven to be some of the greatest transfers of all-time. The transfer fees these days make some of the newest online casino jackpots look like petty cash in comparison but there are some players that have certainly been worth the outlay.
Here are 5 of Madrid’s best signings of all time:
- Cristiano Ronaldo- He joined Real Madrid from Manchester United in 2009 for a record fee of 94million euros to become the world’s most expensive player. The Portugal international proved to be a sensational signing as he developed in to one of the greatest players of his generation. Ronaldo went on to claim 5 Ballon d’Or, 4 UEFA Champions League trophies and 2 La Liga titles. The 33-year-old also became Real Madrid’s all-time top goalscorer bagging 450 goals in 438 appearances.
- Luis Figo- Figo is another Portuguese international who made his mark with the Los Blanco’s after making a controversial move from Barcelona to Madrid for a fee of 60million euros in 2000. Figo produced phenomenal performances to become one of the best players in modern times to help Madrid win 2 La Liga titles and the Champions League during a five-year spell at the Bernabeu.
- Zinedine Zidane- The Frenchman is one of the Legends in Real Madrid’s history. His 75million euro move from Juventus in 2001 proved to be a superb deal as Zidane enhanced his reputation as one of the greatest players to have ever played the game. He won the Ballon d’Or in 2003 and scored a stunning goal to win the Champions League the previous year. Zidane will always be a legend for the skills he brought to the team both as a player and later as a coach.
- Luka Modric- this midfield maestro made his mark in Bernabeu after Tottenham and Madrid agreed on a fee of 35million euro in August 2012 – which proved to be a bargain. The Croatian international has won 3 European titles with Real Madrid and that is not a coincidence. His creativity and movement in the middle of the park have made him be appreciated by both players and fans worldwide.
- Sergio Ramos- Love him or hate him but almost everyone would want Sergio Ramos in their team. The Spanish defender joined Real Madrid as a teenager at the age of 19 from Sevilla for a fee of 27 million Euros and he’s been one of the clubs best ever signings. He’s scored some vital goals to help the Spaniard’s win 4 Champions League’s and 4 La Liga titles. An undoubted legend of the club.
/ 8 hours ago
Arsenal will look to put their Europa League disappointment behind them when they take...
/ 13 hours ago
Manchester United can tighten their grip on second spot with a win when they...