Man Utd Ready To Launch £35m Bid After Opening Talks To Sign Liverpool Target

By on July 29, 2018

There is plenty of Manchester United and Liverpool gossip doing the rounds in the papers with the English giants linked with a whole host of star names. Today, United have opened talks for Yerry Mina…

Manchester Untied are ready to launch a £35m bid for Yerry Mina after opening talks with Barcelona over a deal to sign the Liverpool defensive target, according to various reports.

Jose Mourinho has vented his frustration at the clubs lack of activity in the transfer market as United have only signed third-choice goalkeeper Lee Grant, young full-back Diogo Dalot and midfielder Fred – who’s the only one of the trio expected to be a regular this season.

The United boss has confirmed he’d ideally like two new signings before the end of the window and a centre-back is believed to be a priority as Marcos Rojo and Victor Lindelof are being linked with moves away from Old Trafford this summer while Eric Bailly fell out-of-favour last year.

Toby Alderweireld and Harry Maguire have been strongly linked with a move to United in recent weeks but with Tottenham and Leicester demanding big money for the duo, it looks like Mourinho is eyeing a cheaper alternative.

Mina has emerged as a target and TeamTalk are quoting Sky Italia journalist Tancredi Palmeri as reporting that Man Utd have now made contact with Barcelona to discuss a potential deal.

The report says Liverpool are among the other clubs to have also been chasing Mina this summer but Jurgen Klopp has suggested he’s content with his defensive options at present so United could be well positioned to sign the defender.

It looks like Mourinho is ready to formalise his interest as the Sun claims United are ready to test Barca’s resolve with a £35m bid for Mina after holding talks with the La Liga champions.

Barca have already signed French centre-back Clement Lenglet so Mina is free to leave if a deal can be agreed and the newspaper says the 23-year-old will plead with the Catalans to let him secure a dream move to United.

Mina only joined Barcelona from Palmeiras for £10.5m in January but his time at the Nou Camp has been frustrating as he’s struggled to force his way in to Ernesto Valverde’s starting eleven having made just 2 starts last season.

READ MORE –> Man Utd transfer news | Liverpool transfer news

The South American showed what he’s capable of at the World Cup after starring for Colombia and it seems those performances have convinced United to launch a move for his services.

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *