OFFICIAL: Torres Hands In Written Transfer Request

By on January 29, 2011

liverpool news

Liverpool were rocked last night as star striker Fernando Torres handed in a written transfer request. The Merseyside club have rejected the request and said in an official statement on the clubs website that they expect the Spaniard to honour his contract.

The Club said in a statement:

“Fernando Torres tonight submitted a written transfer request, which has been rejected by Liverpool.

“Fernando is under a long-term contract and the Club expects him to honour the commitment he made to Liverpool FC and its supporters when he signed the agreement.”

Chelsea made an offer in the region of £35-£40 million for Torres last week and it seems the Blues interest has turned the strikers head. It is now expected Chelsea will keep up the pressure with a second bid of around £50-£60 million, which may prove difficult to resist for an unhappy player.


Loading...

4 Comments

  1. Pingback: Tweets that mention OFFICIAL: Torres Hands In Written Transfer Request | Football Talk -- Topsy.com

  2. Psalmson

    January 29, 2011 at 11:54 am

    Wil need torres in chelsea made the bid fast

  3. Pingback: Manchester United » Blog Archive » OFFICIAL: Torres Hands In Written Transfer Request

  4. Name (Riaan

    January 31, 2011 at 9:46 am

    Torres will stay if he could play Champions League for Liverpool. I Feel him must give Liverpool another change to proof him wrong. He of people should keep on fighting for the club & anot just want to leave. He knows what to do, he will make the right choice for all.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *