Man Utd cleared to sign £50m star after Tottenham turn focus to 23-year-old attacker

By on June 15, 2019

Managers are working hard trying to strengthen their squads during the summer transfer window so we’ll bring you all the latest news and gossip from around the globe. Today, the latest on Bruno Fernandes…

bruno fernandes

Manchester United have been given a clear path to sign Bruno Fernandes after Tottenham became the latest club to pull out of the race for the £50m-rated Sporting Lisbon attacker, according to the Daily Mail.

VOdds

Fernandes became one of the most sought-after players of the summer after contributing  32 goals and 18 assists in 53 games for Sporting Lisbon last season to earn a reputation as one of the most productive attackers in world football.

The 24-year-old’s sensational form attracted plenty of interest from the Premier League with Portuguese outlet Record reporting earlier this month that Man Utd, Liverpool and Tottenham were all showing a keen interest in the attacking midfielder.

However, the Daily Mail claim Spurs have pulled out of the race to sign Fernandes with the paper suggesting Mauricio Pochettino is targetting a move for Giovani Lo Celso instead. The Tottenham boss is looking to replace Christian Eriksen after he confirmed his desire to leave this summer and the 23-year-old Real Betis attacker has emerged as a prime target.

The Mail says Man City and Liverpool have already ruled out a move for Fernandes which has paved the way for Manchester United to push ahead with their pursuit and the report claims Sporting are ready to do business if £50m if put on the table.

New customer offer. Place 5 x €/£10 or more bets to receive €/£20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum €/£100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Full T&Cs Apply. 18+|Gamble Aware.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is working hard trying to strengthen his squad this summer after Man Utd finished sixth in the Premier League last season and he’s already snapped-up young winger Daniel James from Swansea City.

The likes of Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Harry Maguire and Sean Longstaff have been strongly linked with a move to Old Trafford but the Mail says Solskjaer wants to sign two midfielders – one defensive and one creative – and it seems Fernandes is on his radar.

READ –> Man Utd transfer news | Spurs transfer news

Portuguese newspaper Jornal de Noticias, via talkSPORT, reported last week that United have submitted an offer for the Portuguese international and although the Daily Mail’s report suggests talk of an bid is premature, it does look like Man Utd are keen on Fernandes and I think he’d be an excellent signing.

Loading...

One Comment

  1. Pingback: Manchester United In Pole Position To Sign Star; Tottenham Loses Out Again | Beyond The Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *