Man Utd confident of seeing off Tottenham & Liverpool to secure deals for £95m duo
Manchester United are confident of seeing off interest from Liverpool and Tottenham to secure a double swoop for Bruno Fernandes and Sean Longstaff
Managers are working hard trying to strengthen their squads during the summer transfer window so we’ll bring you all the latest news and gossip from around the globe. Today, Man Utd are confident of completing a double swoop…
Manchester United are confident of seeing off interest from Liverpool and Tottenham to secure a double swoop for Bruno Fernandes and Sean Longstaff this summer, according to the Evening Standard.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has wasted no time strengthening his squad as the United boss has already slashed out on winger Daniel James while right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka complete his move from Crystal Palace on Saturday afternoon.
However, Solskjaer is expected to sign three more players before the start of the new campaign and two central midfielders are on the agenda as Marouane Fellaini left in January, Ander Herrera will leave the club next week while Paul Pogba continues to be linked with a move this summer.
Fernandes has been touted as a prime target with the Mirror citing reports from Portuguese newspaper O’Jogo as claiming last week that the midfielders agent was due in London to hold talks with United about a possible move to Old Trafford.
The report said Sporting Lisbon value Fernandes at around £70m but Man Utd are hoping to drive that price-tag down as they’re reluctant to pay that kind of money for a player that’s yet to prove himself outside of Portugal.
United aren’t the only club reportedly in the running as Liverpool and Tottenham have also been strongly linked with Fernandes this summer but the Evening Standard claims the Red Devils are confident they have the most serious interest and will be able to get a deal agreed for the Portuguese international.
The newspaper says United are also ready to push ahead with a deal to sign Newcastle midfielder Sean Longstaff after Solskjaer identified the 21-year-old as a top transfer target this summer.
Longstaff broke into the Newcastle first team last season after being handed his debut by Rafa Benitez but with the Spaniard leaving his role as manager this summer, the youngster is considering his future and is tipped for a move to Old Trafford.
The Evening Standard claims Man Utd are the only Premier League club to express their interest in signing Longstaff so they’re confident of being able to seal a deal with Newcastle worth around £25m.
We’ll have to wait and see how things progress over the coming days but it seems United have identified £95m-rated duo Fernandes and Longstaff as they’re next transfer targets as Solskjaer continues to overhaul his squad.
/ 4 hours ago
Manchester United will look to cement second place with a win when they take...
/ 14 hours ago
Liverpool will take another trip down to Old Trafford this evening where they will...