€50m Hulk Offer Rejected – Claim Porto
Porto have rejected a €50 million offer from Zenit St Petersburg for Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur target Hulk, according to the clubs president Pinto da Costa
As we enter the final stages of the summer transfer window, Football Talk will be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer news. Today, Porto claim to have rejected a huge offer for Hulk.
Porto have rejected a €50 million offer from Zenit St Petersburg for striker Hulk, according to the clubs president Pinto da Costa.
London duo Chelsea and Tottenham have been strongly linked with a move for the Brazilian hitman this summer, along with Russian giants Zenit St Petersburg.
The 26-year-old has made it clear he would like a new challenge after 4 years at the Estádio do Dragão, with a move to the Premier League believed to be of interest to the player.
Porto’s media officer Ahaz Fellager confirmed earlier this week that two English clubs, understood to be Chelsea and Spurs, as well as Zenit had submitted offers for the striker and a decision on his future was due by today [Wednesday].
“Tuesday or, maximum, Wednesday, there will be a solution. There are three proposals from abroad – two English clubs and Zenit. There are talks with the player and with Porto.
“Staying in Porto is also a real possibility. He is very satisfied and there is no problem.”
Fellager is quoted as saying by ESPN
According to Sky Sports News, Zenit were believed to have withdrawn their €50m offer for Hulk, but the Portuguese outfit have hit back at those claims insisting it was them who rejected the Russian’s proposal. Porto president Pinto da Costa said:
“It was Porto who rejected €50million for Hulk from Zenit,” Pinto da Costa told reporters.
“I think it is ridiculous to hear that Zenit’s board did not sanction such an offer, when two of their chiefs were here to present that exact bid for the player.”
The Porto hitman has been touted as a possible replacement for the departed Didier Drogba at Stamford Bridge, while former coach Andre Villas-Boas is also understood to be keen on linking up with the player again.
However, whether the Premier League sides will be able to strike a deal with Porto remains to be seen, with the Portuguese club seemingly pushing for a price-tag in excess of €50m.
It’s highly unlikely Tottenham would be able to afford this much and while Chelsea could conceivably meet that figure, it’s questionable whether owner Roman Abramovich would sanction such a purchase after already splashing out £75m this summer.
Would you pay in excess of €50m for Hulk? Get involved in the comments section.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.
/ 9 hours ago
Arsenal are closing in on a £25m deal to sign Alvaro Morata from Atletico...