Chelsea Confirm Deal In Place To Sign Brazilian
Chelsea have confirmed a deal to sign Fluminense defender Wallace in January with the Brazilian right back remaining in his homeland until the end of the season
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Chelsea confirm the signing of Wallace.
Chelsea have confirmed they have agreed a deal to sign Fluminense defender Wallace in January with the Brazilian right back remaining in his homeland until the end of the season.
The Blues have been strongly linked with a move for the 18-year-old in recent months as Roman Abramovich lines-up his January targets ahead of another busy month at Stamford Bridge.
It’s understood Chelsea already owned a 40% stake in Wallace as part of the deal that saw Deco join Fluminense in 2010 and they have finally been able to agree a deal that will see the European Champions buy the remaining 60% of his rights in January.
Wallace will remain with Fluminense for the rest of the season before linking up with his new team-mates in the summer. A statement on Chelsea’s official website read:
“Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce we have agreed terms with Fluminense for the transfer of Wallace in the January window.
As part of the deal, the 18-year-old defender will remain with Fluminense until the end of the season.”
Wallace is an attacking right back and made his name after breaking into the Fluminense side aged just 17. He has gone on to make 18 appearances for the side helping them secure the Brazilian league championship, the Rio State League and the Guanabara Cup.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
He has played alongside Blues youngster Lucas Piazon at under 17 and 20 level for Brazil and will link up with fellow Brazilians David Luiz and Oscar at the Bridge next season.
/ 45 mins ago
Chelsea take on Tottenham at Stamford Bridge on Sunday afternoon with both clubs looking...
/ 3 hours ago
Manchester United are looking to continued their winning run when they take on Southampton...