Connect with us


Liverpool vs Spurs Preview, Team News, Likely Line-ups + Score & Betting Predictions

Liverpool welcome high-flying Tottenham to Anfield on Sunday afternoon with the visitors looking to cement their place in the top four. Here’s a full preview.

Anfield Kop

Liverpool welcome high-flying Tottenham to Anfield on Sunday afternoon with the visitors looking to cement their place in the top four.

Spurs head into the game off the back of an excellent recent run that has seen them win their last four league games to jump up to third place in the Premier League table and now sit two points ahead of fourth placed Chelsea and just five behind second placed Man City.

Last weekends 2-1 victory over rivals Arsenal at White Hart Lane was followed by an impressive 3-0 demolition of Italian giants Inter Milan in the Europa League on Thursday so Andre Villas-Boas men arrive on Merseyside in red-hot form.

However, Liverpool are enjoying some impressive form of their own of late with consecutive victories over Swansea and Wigan moving them up to seventh in the table and within striking distance of rivals Everton – who sit sixth.

The game will see two of the league’s in-form players and leading scorers come head-to-head. Gareth Bale continued his stunning goal-scoring form this week to make it 10 goals in his last eight games while Luis Suarez bagged a hat-trick last time out to take his tally to 21 league goals this season, so the game could be decided on which of the two has his shooting boots on.

Team News

Liverpool will welcome back striker Daniel Sturridge and defender Martin Skrtel for the game. Sturridge missed last weeks win over Wigan with a thigh problem and is expected to come straight back in to the starting line-up this Sunday.

Skrtel also missed the game last weekend with a knee injury but is back in training and in contention, although he’s likely to miss out with Jamie Carragher expected to start alongside Daniel Agger at the back.

Tottenham are sweating on the fitness of winger Aaron Lennon after he picked up a hamstring problem on Thursday, but he’s expected to shake it off in time to play.

Mousa Dembele is also likely to play despite being forced off against Inter and Emmanuel Adebayor is also in contention after overcoming a knee injury. Villas-Boas will continue to be without Tom Huddlestone, Clint Dempsey, Younes Kaboul and Sandro who are all out through injury.

Likely Line-ups

football formations

Betting preview and predictions

Tottenham won the reverse fixture 2-1 at White Hart Lane earlier in the season thanks to a late winner from Aaron Lennon and I can see another close game this time around. Both teams are in fine form but Tottenham’s midweek European commitments could just make the difference here, so I’ve got a feeling the home side will just edge this one.

But am I confident enough to put some money on it? Well, to help me decide I headed over to and their prediction software has crunched the numbers and they support my view that Liverpool will just sneak past Spurs this weekend. Betegy’s prediction software predicts there is a 36% chance of a home win, a 35% chance of a draw while a Spurs win is a 29% shot.

You can currently get odds of 17/20 for a Liverpool win with Bet365 but I like to predict on the exact score to extract a bit more value. Betegy data predicts there is a 33% chance that the Reds will win the match 2-1 which is currently a very tempting 15/2 shot with Bet365. So that would be my prediction and betting tip for the game.

Why not head over to Betegy and see what all the fuss is about? It’s free to join and you’ll receive free and accurate predictions for games throughout Europe every week. They have an excellent success rate so far so why not give it a try?

What would be your starting line-up and what’s you score prediction for the game? Get involved in the comments section below.



  1. Ud Daniel

    March 9, 2013 at 8:27 pm

    Liverpool are going to carry the day though is going to be a difficult game 2-1 home win.

  2. wyse one

    March 9, 2013 at 10:22 pm

    i blv d reds can win spurs. 3 1 a home win. ynwa

  3. kingsley

    March 10, 2013 at 1:00 am

    Liverpool wil win spurs wit 3 1,but liverpool should get ready and prepare 4d battle o bt we wil win

  4. dominic

    March 10, 2013 at 7:18 am

    the red can do it, we wil thrash spurs to the ground.

  5. stanlion

    March 10, 2013 at 8:04 am

    up liverpool, three point is sure…go na stp they unbeating tday…prediction 3 1..up red.

  6. Spurs 4eva

    March 10, 2013 at 2:45 pm

    Spurs 3-1 you clowns!!! Up the yids!!!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Other News

More in Liverpool

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By :