Connect with us

Chelsea

Falcao Dismisses Move Reports

Chelsea and Manchester United target Radamel Falcao has dismissed reports suggesting he’s agreed to join Monaco from Atletico Madrid this summer, to the Express.

With the summer transfer window set to re-open, there is plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Radamel Falcao dismisses move reports.

Colombia Radamel Falcao

Chelsea and Manchester United target Radamel Falcao has dismissed reports suggesting he’s agreed to join Monaco from Atletico Madrid this summer, to the Express.

The 27-year-old has become the hottest striker on the planet after another excellent season in Spain where his 27 goals in 32 games have helped Atletico push Real Madrid for second place in the La Liga table.

The Express claim Chelsea have been regarded as front-runners for his signature after tracking the former Porto man all season while champions Manchester United have also been credited with interest in recent months.

However, reports this week have suggested Falcao was set to make a shock move to ambitious French outfit Monaco, who’re expected to make some big-money moves in the transfer market this summer once their promotion back to the top flight is confirmed.

Monaco goalkeeper Danijel Subasic was even quoted as saying he was 90% certain a deal had been struck, but speaking ahead of Friday nights Copa Del Rey final with local rivals Madrid, Falcao has moved to dismiss speculation over his future saying that if we believed everything we read in the press he’d already have signed for Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester United.

“I don’t know anything, and the only thing that I have in my mind and keep concentrating on is Atletico de Madrid,”

“I don’t know anything. I keep myself apart from what is being said. If it was for the press, I have already been transferred to all the teams in Europe like Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester United.

“I don’t find true any news that is being said about me.”

“Last year the same happened. During the Final at Bucarest it was said that if we didn’t qualify for the Champions League I was going to leave Madrid.

“The only real thing is that I am under contract until 2016, and all the rest is only speculation. I don’t know anything about Monaco, I have my mind focused where on I am.” Falcao is quoted as saying by the Express

Despite his denial, I still think a move is on the cards for Falcao this summer but I hope reports about Monaco are wide of the mark. I’d love to see him in the Premier League next season and you get the feeling he would be joining Monaco for all the wrong reasons is he did seal a move to the Stade Louis II.

Read more Chelsea transfer news | Man Utd transfer news

Would Chelsea or United fans like to see Falcao join their club this summer? Get involved in the comments section below.

3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. baines

    May 18, 2013 at 4:41 am

    we dont want him @ chelseafc we wnt either cavani or lewandoski

  2. Lawrence

    May 18, 2013 at 7:47 pm

    If roman ibrahamovich has got lot of money then he can bring morhino and ronaldo.but if he doesn’t wanna loose his money then he should not waste his money on jose morhino and ronaldo.benitez is winning and im sure thats what he want.if i where him i where going to fight for “falcao.hulk.paulihno and joao mounthino”lets stop thinking about people who think they are best around the world chelsea for life

  3. Emmanuel

    May 19, 2013 at 8:54 pm

    Abram should buy cavarin and 3 defender to maintain d term and they should bring lukaku back to join the strikin force. And introduce a new coach lik jose

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Other News

More in Chelsea