Connect with us

Arsenal

Fabregas Rules Out Move After Finally Committing His Future To Barcelona

Cesc Fabregas has ruled out a move to Arsenal or Manchester United after finally committing his future to Barcelona at a press conference on Thursday afternoon.

With the summer transfer window now open, there is plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Cesc Fabregas has committed his future to Barcelona.

Barcelona-Cesc-Fabregas

Cesc Fabregas has ruled out a return to the Premier League after finally committing his future to Barcelona at a press conference on Thursday afternoon, according to the Metro.

Fabregas has been strongly linked with a return to England just two years after leaving Arsenal with his time at Barca not going quite as smoothly as he may have hoped. The 26-year-old has struggled to establish himself as an important first team player at the Nou Camp and when he does play, he’s often played out of position.

United have already have already had two bids turned down this summer with boss David Moyes declaring last week that the champions pursuit of the midfielder was still “ongoing”, and the Mirror claim he’s now ready to go back in with a final bid of £35m plus add ons.

Former club Arsenal are also reportedly keeping a close eye on the midfielders situation with boss Arsene Wenger confirming he was ‘on alert’ because of the Gunners buy-back clause in the players contract.

Many were taking the players silence this summer as a sign he could be contemplating his future. However, Fabregas has disappointed the duo after finally confirming at a press conference today that he’s never thought about leaving Barcelona and insists it remains his dream to play for his hometown club. He claims he gave up a lot to move back to the Nou Camp and while he acknowledged that competition if high, he’s not ready to give up playing for Barca just yet.

Fabregas also said it was an honor for United to make two bids for him but confirmed he had not held any talks with the champions. Here’s what he had to say:

‘I am very calm and I know that many people have said I have to make things clear. My dream since I was a kid was to be at Barca,’ said Fabregas.

‘My dream has not changed. It’s true that the level of competition at this club is huge, but I am prepared to give my best every day.

‘It’s an honour United makes two bids, but there have been no talks. I didn’t talk with any club since I joined Barça two years ago.

‘I’ve always felt valued by the club. Everyone told me they count on me, I never got any sign that made me think otherwise.

‘I didn’t have to clear up anything, because for me it was clear I wanted to stay. I told the club I’d talk when it was my turn.’ [source: Metro]

So it seems like Fabregas is set to stay at the Nou Camp for the foreseeable future but will that stop the newspapers still linking him with a move back to England? Probably not.

Read more Arsenal transfer news | Man Utd transfer news

Are Arsenal and United fans disappointed by Fabregas’s comments? Share your views below.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Other News

More in Arsenal