Man Utd Release Official Statement On Cesc Fabregas After Midfielder Rules Out Move
Man Utd have taken the unusual step of releasing a statement in response to Cesc Fabregas’ comments earlier where he ruled out a move to the Premier League.
With the summer transfer window now open, there is plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Man Utd respond to Cesc Fabregas.
Manchester United have taken the unusual step of releasing an official statement in response to Cesc Fabregas’ comments earlier where he ruled out a move to the Premier League this summer, according to the clubs official website.
Fabregas has been strongly linked with a return to England just two years after leaving Arsenal with the 26-year-old struggling to establish himself as an important first team player at the Nou Camp.
United have already have already had two bids turned down this summer and reports earlier this week suggested David Moyes was lining up a third and final offer of £35m plus add ons. Former club Arsenal have also reportedly been keeping a close eye on the midfielders situation with boss Arsene Wenger confirming he was ‘on alert’ because of the Gunners buy-back clause in the players contract.
However, Fabregas confirmed at a press conference earlier on Thursday that he’s never thought about leaving Barcelona and insists it remains his dream to play for his hometown club. The midfielder did say he was honored that United made two bids for him but claims he had not held any talks with the champions. Here’s what he had to say:
‘I am very calm and I know that many people have said I have to make things clear. My dream since I was a kid was to be at Barca,’ said Fabregas.
‘My dream has not changed. It’s true that the level of competition at this club is huge, but I am prepared to give my best every day.
‘It’s an honour United makes two bids, but there have been no talks. I didn’t talk with any club since I joined Barça two years ago.
‘I’ve always felt valued by the club. Everyone told me they count on me, I never got any sign that made me think otherwise.
‘I didn’t have to clear up anything, because for me it was clear I wanted to stay. I told the club I’d talk when it was my turn.’ [source: Metro]
United have now responded to this with a statement simply saying:
“We appreciate Cesc is a contracted player at Barcelona, and completely respect everything Cesc has said today,” a spokesman is quoted as saying on ManUtd.com
Will this be the end of United’s pursuit? Will this put an end to the constant speculation in the newspapers? We’ll have to wait and see but it was certainly an unusual step for United to release a statement just to say they respect what Fabregas has said today. The club have been very open with their interest in the Spaniard, which is also in stark contrast to how they did their transfer business under Sir Alex Ferguson.
Do you think United will now give up? Or is this not the last of it? Share your thoughts below.
/ 14 hours ago
Manchester United will be looking to reclaim top spot with a win when they...
/ 14 hours ago
Liverpool take on Burnley at Anfield on Thursday night. Here is the team we...