Transfer News: Luiz Ready To Force Chelsea Exit | Arsenal Eye £8.5m Midfielder
Latest transfer rumours. Today, David Luiz is expected to push through a move to Barcelona while Arsenal are eyeing a bid for midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia.
With the summer transfer window now open, there is plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, David Luiz is ready to push through a move to Barcelona while Arsenal are eyeing a bid for powerful midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia.
Luiz to force Baca move
First up and the Daily Star are one of several media outlets who’re reporting today that Chelsea defender David Luiz is expected to try and force through a move to Barcelona.
The report claims that Chelsea rejected the Catalans £35m bid last week with boss Jose Mourinho insisting the Spaniard’s were wasting their time in trying to lure Luiz away from Stamford Bridge.
“It’s lost time for them. My advice to them is to go to the second player on their list because they are wasting their time, we don’t want to lose our best players. No chance.” Mourinho told the Telegraph
However, the Star suggest that the 26-year-old is keen on making the move to the Nou Camp and is ready to try and force through a deal next week.
Luiz has become a huge fan-favourite since making the move to Chelsea from Benfica in January 2011 so it would be a real surprise if he was allowed to leave west London this summer. But if the Brazilian international really does want the move, it may prove difficult to keep hold of him as Mourinho is unlikely to want an unsettled player in his dressing room.
Arsenal eye Kondogbia
Next up and the Express are reporting that Arsenal are lining up a move for Sevilla’s highly-rated midfield powerhouse Geoffrey Kondogbia.
The report claims that the 20-year-old has already attracted interest from the likes of Chelsea and Real Madrid but the Gunners are now ready to join the race with boss Arsene Wenger desperate to add a physical presence to his midfield next season.
The France international joined Sevilla last summer from Lens and enjoyed an excellent debut season in Spain leading to interest from throughout Europe. President Jose Maria del Nido revealed that the club have rejected an offer for the player from an unnamed club and confirmed he has an £8.5m buy-out clause in his contract:
“We have rejected an offer for Kondogbia – the bid was not sufficient. Our idea is that he continues growing at Sevilla, just like he did last year. But there is a release clause that says if we have a written offer of £8.5million, we must accept it and he can go.” del Nido is quoted as saying in the Express
However, the player responded to reports linking him with Real Madrid and Chelsea last month by admitting he was flattered to be connected to such clubs, but hinted he’s ready to stay at Sevilla for another year before assessing his future after next summers World Cup.
“I am flattered to be linked with Real Madrid.
“They are a top club, but Sevilla are fantastic for me at the moment.
“Chelsea are also a great team with a great manager, so let’s wait and see what will happen after the World Cup.” Kondogbia is quoted as saying by the Express
So there’s another dose of transfer news. Will Chelsea fans be disappointed if Luiz leaves? Would Arsenal fans like to see Kondogbia join the club? Share your views below.
/ 16 hours ago
Manchester United take on Fulham at Craven Cottage on Wednesday night. Here is the...
/ 16 hours ago
Chelsea will look for a win to close-in on the top four when they...