Connect with us

Arsenal

United Refuse To Give Up On Fabregas As Moyes Prepares Final £40m Bid

Manchester United are refusing to give up on Cesc Fabregas and are preparing a final £40m bid to try and lure the midfielder to Old Trafford this summer.

With the summer transfer window in full swing, there is plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Man Utd ready new Fabregas bid.

Barcelona-Cesc-Fabregas

Manchester United are refusing to give up on Cesc Fabregas and are preparing a final £40m bid to try and lure the midfielder to Old Trafford this summer, according to the Telegraph.

Fabregas has been strongly linked with a return to England just two years after leaving Arsenal with the 26-year-old struggling to establish himself as an important first team player at the Nou Camp.

United have already have already had two bids turned down this summer while former club Arsenal have also reportedly been keeping a close eye on the midfielders situation with boss Arsene Wenger confirming he was ‘on alert’ because of the Gunners buy-back clause in the players contract.

Speculation over Fabregas’s future appeared to be squashed after he confirmed at a press conference last week that he was happy at Barcelona and has never thought about leaving his summer.

‘I am very calm and I know that many people have said I have to make things clear. My dream since I was a kid was to be at Barca,’ said Fabregas.

‘My dream has not changed. It’s true that the level of competition at this club is huge, but I am prepared to give my best every day.

‘It’s an honour United makes two bids, but there have been no talks. I didn’t talk with any club since I joined Barça two years ago.

‘I’ve always felt valued by the club. Everyone told me they count on me, I never got any sign that made me think otherwise.

‘I didn’t have to clear up anything, because for me it was clear I wanted to stay. I told the club I’d talk when it was my turn.’ [source: Metro]

United responded by releasing a statement that simply said they respected the players comments:

“We appreciate Cesc is a contracted player at Barcelona, and completely respect everything Cesc has said today,” a spokesman is quoted as saying on ManUtd.com

However, the Telegraph claim that David Moyes and senior figures at United are convinced Fabregas still has private doubts over his first-team opportunities at the Nou Camp and could still be lured away this summer with the champions ready to make a late push to secure his signature.

The newspaper suggests that while Barca have publicly insisted the player is not for sale, they have privately given a clear indication of the type of fee which they’d be prepared to do business at and United are ready to table an improved £40m offer during the final week of the transfer window.

Arsenal’s potential response should Barca accept a bid from United will be interesting as the Gunners buy-back clause is believed to come into affect should the Catalans accept a bid from another club. Wenger has already hinted he’d be interested if Fabregas became available, so I wouldn’t rule out the north Londoners challenging United for his signature if he decides he wants a move.

Fabregas missed Spain’s win over Ecuador on Wednesday with an ankle injury but could be back to face Levante in Sunday’s La Liga opener and no doubt Moyes and Wenger will be casting an eye over the players first team involvement over the next couple of weeks.

Read more Arsenal transfer news | Man Utd transfer news

Do you think Fabregas will leave Barcelona this summer? Share your views below.

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Jo

    August 15, 2013 at 2:34 pm

    Moyes is a stupid cow. CF do NOT want to og to manutd!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Other News

More in Arsenal