Italian Striker Responds To Chelsea Move Talk
An Italian international striker has responds to rumours suggesting he could be heading to Chelsea as part of a player-plus-cash swap deal. See what he said.
Although the summer transfer window is officially closed that doesn’t stop clubs working hard behind the scenes to prepare for future signings, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with all the latest gossip. Today, Mario Balotelli responds to rumours he could be heading to Chelsea.
Mario Balotelli responds to rumours suggesting he could be heading to Chelsea by insisting he is not thinking about a move and is happy at AC Milan, according to the Express.
The former Manchester City forward only moved to AC Milan last January after a turbulent time at the Etihad and was a huge hit in Serie A during the second half of last season, scoring 12 goals in his 13 appearances.
However, recent reports in Italy have suggested that Jose Mourinho is keen on being reunited with the controversial striker and is lining up a potential swap deal involving Romelu Lukaku – who’s currently on a season-long loan at Everton.
Balotelli played under Mourinho at Inter Milan and the report claimed that the Blues coach wanted to bring the 23-year-old to Stamford Bridge next summer and was going to tempt AC Milan with the option of taking Lukaku as part of a player-plus-cash deal.
But the Italian hitman appears to have poured cold water on those suggestions after insisting he is happy at the San Siro and is not thinking about making a move either in January or next summer.
“I have always said that I do not look too far into the future.
“I am only thinking of doing well against Genoa [this weekend] and not about the market in either January or May.
“I am happy at Milan and happy to be here.” Balotelli is quoted as saying by the Express.
Last month Balotelli’s agent Mino Raiola fuelled speculation that the striker could join Mourinho at Chelsea, after saying:
“Balotelli and Jose Mourinho could be reunited because they know each other and they didn’t leave each other with hate.
“There was a not very nice incident between them, but they parted company on good terms.
“They have remained in contact and there is mutual respect.
“Balotelli to Chelsea could happen because [Milan executive Adriano] Balotelli is a great striker, but Galliani doesn’t want it.” Railoa is quoted as saying by the Express.
However, it seems this was just mischief-making on the agents part as neither the club, nor Balotelli, appear to want any move to happen at this stage.
Chelsea’s current crop of strikers have struggled for goals so far this season with Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto’o and Demba Ba scoring just three league goals between them, so it’s no surprise they are being linked with bringing in a new frontman, but we’ll have to see whether Mourinho manages to bring in another option this winter or is forced to wait until the summer.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE –> Chelsea transfer news
What striker would you like to see Chelsea sign? Share your views below.
/ 3 hours ago
Arsenal take on Everton at the Emirates Stadium this evening. Here is our preview...
/ 19 hours ago
Arsenal take on Everton at the Emirates Stadium on Friday evening. Here is the...