Wenger Denies Claims That Aaron Ramsey Has Been Ruled Out For Two Months

By on October 3, 2014

Aaron_Ramsey_Arsenal

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has dismissed reports suggesting Aaron Ramsey could be out for up to eight weeks with a hamstring injury.

Ramsey picked up the problem just before half time during last Saturday’s 1-1 draw with North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur at the Emirates.

Fans were eagerly awaiting good news and Wenger revealed earlier in the week that the Welshman was facing up to four weeks on the sidelines, but he hoped he could even be back within three weeks.

Reports in this mornings Guardian suggested that Wenger was being overly optimistic and that the injury was in fact worse that the Frenchman was letting on, with the newspaper stating that Rambo would actually miss at least six weeks and would probably be out for eight weeks.

However, when quizzed about reports suggesting Ramsey could be out until December in his press conference today, Wenger looked surprised and jokingly said “why not March?!”, before going on to reiterate that the clubs medical team have said he’ll be out for a maximum of four weeks:

“I’ve been told he could be out for three to four weeks, so I count four,” Wenger is quoted as saying by the Independent.

Obviously this is excellent news as it would have been a huge blow if Ramsey was to be ruled out for longer than expected. However, I won’t be content until the Welsh international is back on the pitch.

We have a terrible record at getting players fit within the given time-frame, and I personally wouldn’t be surprised at all if Ramsey wasn’t back in four weeks. Let’s not forget he was initially only meant to be out for three weeks with the injury he got back on Boxing Day and we didn’t see him for three months!

So while I’m glad to hear Arsene is confident Ramsey will be fit in four weeks, let’s not get too excited just yet…..

Best of the web

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *