- Man Utd Eye £40m Raid On Tottenham As Mourinho Plots Big Money Double Swoop
- Liverpool Confident Of Signing £65m Chelsea & Man Utd Target After Talks With Agent
- Man Utd ‘On Verge’ Of Wrapping Up £86m Deal For World Class Hitman
- Liverpool & Man Utd Ready To Battle Over Signing Of Want-Away Arsenal Star
- Chelsea ‘Determined’ To Sign Arsenal Star This Summer
- ‘Spoilt Child’ Sanchez Demands To Leave Arsenal Following Wenger Bust-Ups
TRANSFER RUMOURS: Chelsea Snap Up £24m Juan Mata
Chelsea are closing in on the signing of Spanish winger Juan Mata after agreeing terms on a £24m deal.
Several reports are claiming Mate has agreed a £3m a year, 5 year deal with the Londoners which works out at around £55,000 per week. Well respected Spanish based media outlet Marca said:
El acuerdo entre el club inglés y el jugador está cerrado por cinco temporadas y con un sueldo superior a los tres millones de euros por campaña. El jugador es una petición expresa de Villas Boas, nuevo técnico Blue, y llevará el número 10 en la Premier a la espalda. Con el Valencia la cosa está hecha y sólo falta aclarar algunos conceptos de pago para firmar en breve el acuerdo.
This is translated to:
Mata and Chelsea have already come to an agreement over personal terms, with the player receiving a five-year contract worth over 3M per season. Villas-Boas made a personal request for the transfer, and Mata will be wearing #10 in the Premier League. For Valencia, the transfer is done, with only some questions about the nature of payments left to resolve.
So it seems that the deal is all but done and Mata will be a Chelsea player soon. The 24-year-old was close to signing with Arsenal but the Gunners failed to complete the deal before the end of July when a clause in his contract expired, and the player is reported to have rejected a move to Tottenham this summer as well.
So it seems Chelsea will complete a coup this summer by snapping up one of Europe’s hottest properties.