- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
- Arsenal Set To Beat Liverpool To 24-Goal Hitman After Triggering £20m Clause
- Arsene Wenger Ready To Sell As Liverpool Prepare Raid On Arsenal
- Man Utd Determined To Beat Chelsea To Signing Of £50m-Rated International
- Arsenal Open Formal Talks Over £60m Double Swoop
- Arsenal To Make £30m Bid For Liverpool Star This Summer
Adam Johnson Set For Crunch Talks As Liverpool & Spurs Circle
Football Talk will be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer news throughout the summer. Today, Liverpool and Tottenham target Adam Johnson seeks talks over his future.
Liverpool and Tottenham target Adam Johnson will discuss his Manchester City future with boss Roberto Mancini this week, according to the Daily Star.
The winger signed a new five-year contract worth £70,ooo-a-week in January but has seen his career stall at the Etihad after failing to secure a place in the City first team and the 24-year-old is now keen to learn how Mancini sees his role at the club.
Johnson only made 26 league appearances last season, many from the bench, and was omitted from Roy Hodgson’s England squad for this summers European championships.
The Star claim that both Liverpool and Tottenham are among the clubs ready to pounce should the player be made available for transfer this summer, with the Premier League champions valuing the attacker at around £15m.
Unless Mancini is willing to give Johnson more game time, which he deserves, i think the player has got to push for a move.
He is far too talented to sit on the bench and a move to Liverpool or Tottenham would not only do him the world of good, but also boost his chances of breaking in to the England reckoning.
Would you like to see Johnson at your club? Get involved in the comments section.