- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
- Oxlade-Chamberlain A Doubt For Liverpool Game As Arsenal’s Injury Crisis Deepens
Arsenal Transfer News: Gunners Linked With Brazilian Midfielder
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Arsenal are linked with Luiz Gustavo.
The reports claims Wenger has conceded he needs to strengthen the squad following our worst start to a Premier League season under him and has identified Gustavo as a potential addition.
The Brazilian midfielder moved to Bayern from Hoffenheim in 2011 and after an encouraging start to life in Munich, the 25-year-old is said to have fallen out of favour under Jupp Heynckes this season.
The Mirror claim that Gustavo has had several disagreements with the clubs management over his role within the squad and is looking for a move, and suggest Wenger would be keen to snap him up if he can agree a £10m fee with Bayern.
If we’re going to strengthen the midfield area when the transfer window re-opens in January i think it’s vital we bring in a powerful ball-winner. An athletic defensive midfielder who hunts the ball down and will complement the likes of Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla.
Read more Arsenal transfer news
I think it’s clear we can’t rely on the injury-prone Abou Diaby to stay fit, so a defensive midfielder would be an important signing next month and if Wenger sees Gustavo as the man for the job, great.
Would you like to see Gustavo move to the Emirates in January? Get involved in the comments section below.