- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
German Striker Keen To Make £6m Chelsea Move
Despite the transfer window now being closed there will still be plenty of gossip doing the rounds in the newspapers, so we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest transfer rumours. Today, Chelsea are linked with Stefan Kiessling.
Chelsea have been offered the chance to sign Bayer Leverkusen striker Stefan Kiessling for a cut-price £6million with the German hitman said to be keen on a switch to Stamford Bridge, according to the Metro.
The report claims that Kiessling has his heart set on a move to the Premier League this summer after seeing a switch to West Ham derailed in January, and the German international’s agent is understood to have contacted Chelsea first as his client is desperate to play in London for a top club.
Kiessling is the Bundesliga’s top-scorer this season with 15 goals in 22 games so far and he has bagged 119 goals in 339 matches during his seven-year stint with Leverkusen, so he certainly knows where the goal is.
However, it seems his time in Germany may be coming to an end with the Metro claiming the player is determined to force a move this summer and Bayer are believed to be willing to let the 29-year-old go for just £6million.
Read more Chelsea transfer news
The newspaper also suggests that Chelsea are on the look-out for another striker in the summer to compete with Fernando Torres and Demba Ba and may be tempted by the 6 foot 3 inch striker as he would provide them with something different up front.
I’m not convinced that will be the case though. While Kiessling is a decent goalscorer he’s not the kind of player I can see Roman Abramovich going for if he’s looking for a striker to turn his Chelsea side back into champions.
Would Chelsea fans like to see Kiessling come to the Bridge in the summer? Get involved in the comments section below.