REPORTS: United Chief Seals £35m Sneijder Deal

By on July 14, 2011

The Daily Mail claim that a £35 million deal for Wesley Sneijder is almost done and dusted.

According to the paper, Manchester United’s Chief Executive, David Gill, met with Inter executives at the European Club Association in Zurich yesterday, in which he expressed United’s willingness to pay the Italian club £35 million for Sneijder. They claim that the Glazer family – the family that owns United – have sanctioned Sir Alex Ferguson the money to spend on the Dutch play maker as a replacement for Paul Scholes.

Apparently, despite Inter’s reluctance to sell their prized asset, the offered amount from United is too big a bid to turn down, and is enough to persuade them to let Sneijder go. In another bonus for United, the Mail claim that instead of Sneijder being paid the reported fees of £250,000 a week or £200,000 a week, the player has compromised and United have instead agreed to pay him £190,000 a week, which leaves Wayne Rooney untouched as United’s highest paid player.

It does seem a little to good to be true, and is by no means confirmation that Sneijder is now very soon to be a Manchester United player, but the Daily Mail must surely get their information from somewhere. Either they have completely made up this story – which is very possible – or there is some truth behind it, and Sneijder is closer to a Manchester United move than he was before. Though I urge all United fans to remain pessimistic until the player is unveiled next to Sir Alex Ferguson with a Manchester Untied shirt in his hands.

In other news, Luka Modric has handed in a formal transfer request to Tottenham Hotspur in another attempt to leave the club for Chelsea, who have now placed two bids for him. Modric was apparently lied to by the Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, who told Modric earlier in his Tottenham career that if a club like Chelsea were to come in with a bid, it would be considered. Levy’s handling of the situation, i.e: not listening to any offers has made Modric, a former target of Manchester United, even more determined to leave.

Submitted by DBSFootball

 

Loading...

8 Comments

  1. Basar Mudashir A.

    July 14, 2011 at 10:16 am

    If snaildjer cn b man u midfieder al man u fans wil hapi!

  2. Magic

    July 14, 2011 at 10:53 am

    He’s already on his way,so my fellow fan’s, JUBILATE

  3. evershine

    July 14, 2011 at 1:35 pm

    Too many news, we are confused and tired of it. Let the press just keep quiet until after unveiling him they start from there. We dont want to hear it again pls oo press people. Ha ah

  4. D4nn069 (man utd)

    July 14, 2011 at 6:52 pm

    Even though I’m hopeing he does sign for utd, it is definitely NOT an agreed deal! SAF himself has come out and said on sky sports he doesn’t know where all these stories are coming from, and that united have not made any such deads with inter! Sorry guys but untill I see his face in a glorious Manchester UTD Top then I will not be believing any of this any more, first it was modric then nasri and schnieder. The stories are gone on long enough, time to just wait n see who the REAL new playmaker is going to be!

  5. Adonai komolaf

    July 14, 2011 at 8:33 pm

    I hope this news is true,but with all indications from all football websites,i think the news is 80% true.
    All the same,by friday/saturday everthing will be clearer to all of us.

  6. damashi mantim tali

    July 15, 2011 at 6:41 am

    we seriously nid him bt we dn’t option til we c him wit our shirt. TILL DEN!

  7. Omunakwe.Lucky Emenike

    July 15, 2011 at 8:28 am

    Sign him on 4 gud we nid an urgent replacement 4 schols nd if wisley is brought 2 old traford is wll b a big plus 4 both fans nd team mates alike

  8. David

    July 16, 2011 at 9:49 pm

    If sneijder refuse to come then let him be after all he is not the only good milfilder on earth.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *