Man Utd Agree Personal Terms Over 4-Year Contract After Having €35m Bid Accepted

By on June 14, 2015

As the opening of the summer transfer window approaches, managers are working hard identifying targets and lining-up potential deals so we’ll bring you all the news and gossip. Today, Man Utd close in on Nicolas Otamendi….

Manchester United look to be closing in on the signing of Nicolas Otamendi with reports claiming they’ve agreed personal terms with the centre-back after having a €35m bid accepted by Valencia. 

Louis van Gaal is expected to be busy in the transfer market this summer as he looks to build a squad capable of challenging for top honours next season and a new defender is believed to be high on his priority list.

Several names have been linked with a move to Old Trafford but Otamendi has emerged as a key target in recent weeks with reports earlier this month suggesting that van Gaal had turned his attention to the Valencia star after Mats Hummels decided to stay at Borussia Dortmund.

The Argentinean international’s agent Eugenio Lopez recently told reporters that the 27-year-old has informed Valencia he wants to leave this summer and revealed that talks were already underway with interested parties.

“Nicolas is comfortable with Valencia and the fans but will have an option to improve his career.

“Jorge Mendes already knows that Nico wants to leave Valencia. Nico will do everything possible to get it, he will do everything possible to leave.

“If there’s an offer from a club we consider a top club, and it benefits his family, Nico wants to go. There are many discussions with several clubs who want to sign Otamendi.”

It seems things have now progressed as the Daily Star are claiming that United have agreed a deal with Valencia after having a €35m (£25m) offer accepted – despite the Spaniard’s previously suggesting they won’t accept a penny less than the players €50m (£36m) buy-out clause.

The newspaper also states that personal terms have been agreed over a four-year contract, so it looks like United are on the verge of completing what would be their second major transfer of the summer after Memphis Depay completed his move last week.

As with any transfer story, you have to take things with a pinch of salt until something concrete comes out but the speculation is intensifying and it does appear likely that Otamendi will move to Old Trafford this summer.

READ MORE –> Man Utd transfer news

The Argentinean would be an excellent signing if United do pull it off as he’s been outstanding for Valencia since joining the club from Porto and he’d certainly be a huge upgrade on the likes of Jonny Evans and Phil Jones.

However, we’ll have to wait and see how things develop over the coming days and weeks as until a deal is officially announced, it’s all just speculation.

Best of the web

One Comment

  1. Shehu hayatu

    June 15, 2015 at 12:36 pm

    Man unt: says is 2much

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *