- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Dekker Confirms Man Utd Interest Ahead Of Potential Summer Move
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Man Utd’s interest in Kevin Strootman is confirmed.
The Dutchman has become one of the most highly-rated midfielders in Holland after an excellent campaign with PSV last year and has continued that good form in the early months of this season.
Several clubs from throughout Europe have been linked with the 22-year-old, including Premier League giants Manchester United, and it’s been suggested Strootman is likely to make a move during the January transfer window.
However, the players agent, Chiel Dekker, has now told talkSPORT that the Dutch international would prefer a move to England in the summer and claims Man Utd’s have already been in touch over his availability.
“All the top clubs in Europe know about Kevin, but a move to England next summer is his first priority and, yes, Manchester United and other big clubs in Europe have been in touch with me.”
PSV boss Dick Advocaat conceded recently that it was only a matter of time before Strootman makes a big-money move to one of Europe’s top clubs, and has already identified Elsfburg ace Ocasr Hiljemark as his replacement as he prepares for his departure.
Read more Man Utd transfer news
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson it said to be keen to strengthen the centre of his midfield, with Strootman seemingly on his wish-list, but he may have to wait until the summer to land the highly-rated midfielder.
Would Man Utd fans like Strootman at Old Trafford? Get involved in the comments section.