- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Scouts Watch £20m-Rated Dutchman
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, three Premier League clubs scout Kevin Strootman.
Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur all had scouts in the stands to watch PSV midfielder Kevin Strootman on Saturday, according to the Daily Mail.
The Dutchman has become one of the most sought-after midfielders in Europe after an excellent campaign with PSV last year and he has continued his impressive form this season.
The 22-year-old has been linked with several clubs throughout Europe in recent weeks, and it appears Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham are all monitoring his situation.
The Mail claim that scouts from the Premier League trio were in attendance at the Amsterdam Arena as PSV lost 3-1 to Ajax on Saturday, as they eye-up a move for the combative midfielder.
Strootman has been capped 15 times by Holland and was part of their Euro 2012 squad. He is valued at around £20m by PSV, with boss Dick Advocaat already planning for life without his star man and has identified Elsfburg ace Ocasr Hiljemark as a potential replacement.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is lining up January targets as he tries to save the Gunners flagging season, with midfield an area of concern after failing to replace Alex Song in the summer. United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is also looking to strengthen his midfield as he looks to find a long-term replacement for Paul Scholes and it seems both managers, as well as Andre Villas-Boas, are keen on Strootman.
Is Strootman the kind of player you’d like to see arrive at your club? Get involved in the comments section.