- Double Injury Boost For Arsenal Ahead Of QPR Game
- Arsenal & Man Utd Given Go-Ahead To Sign €40m Hitman
- Chelsea Team News: Mourinho Offers Injury Update On Fabregas & Luis
- Arsenal Or Man Utd? €25m Target Confirms When He’ll Choose New Club
- Arsenal Handed Blow As Alexis Sanchez Ruled Out Of Tottenham Clash
- Bolton vs Liverpool Preview, Team News, Likely Line-Up, Prediction & Betting Tips
Tottenham Handed Ekotto & Parker Boost
Defender Benoit Assou-Ekotto has given Tottenham a major injury boost after confirming he is back in first team training after over three months out with a knee injury, according to Sky Sports News.
The Cameroon international has been sidelined since early September after a long-standing knee complaint flared up again. The 28-year-old was initially expected to be out for around a month but the injury was worse than first feared and it’s restricted him to just four appearances so far this season.
However, the left back confirmed on his Twitter account today that he has returned to training with the rest of the squad. Ekotto tweeted on Wednesday morning:
‘Trainning with the team today !!! I hope as i ll remember the name of every one LOL.’
Ekotto may still be short of fitness for this weekend’s clash with Swansea but boss Andre Villas-Boas is expected to confirm whether he’s in contention later this week when he does his weekly press conference.
Sky Sports also claim that AVB is set to welcome back another long-term injury victim with Scott Parker expected to return this weekend. If he plays it will be the midfielders first appearance of the season after he suffered an Achilles injury in the summer which has kept him on the sidelines for over four months.
The 32-year-old has turned out for the under 21′s recently and is in-line to be in the squad this weekend.
How much of a boost will it be for Spurs to have Ekotto and Parker back?