- Liverpool Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Man City Showdown
- England Squad Announced: Eric Dier Joins Man Utd & Liverpool Stars In 23-Man Squad
- Liverpool Receive Injury Boost As Attacker Eyes Swift Return From Surgery
- Major Injury Boost For Liverpool As Duo Take Part In Klopps First Training Session
- Klopp Finally Speaks Out Amid Reports He’s Set To Be Named New Liverpool Boss
- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
Brazilian Striker Wont Be Joining Tottenham This Month, Claims Agent
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Tottenham target unlikely to move.
The agent of Tottenham target Leandro Damiao has claimed the striker won’t be leaving Internacional amid reports suggesting Tottenham were lining up a £15m offer, according to talkSPORT.
The report claims Spurs have been tracking Damiao for two years and Andre Villas-Boas was hoping to finally land the Brazilian hitman this month to boost his sides hopes of securing a top-four finish this season.
talkSPORT suggest the north Londoners would bid around £15m for the 25-year-old in the coming weeks but the players agent, Vinicus Prates, has dismissed the speculation insisting he has not received any offers and claims his client won’t be leaving Brazil this month.
“I have not received any offers, I can assure you.
“It is normal to see rumours because he is a fashionable player in Europe but I don’t think he will leave in January because he is happy at Internacional and under contract until 2015.”
Prates is quoted as saying by talkSPORT
With Emmanuel Adebayor off to represent Togo at the African Cup of Nations, Tottenham could certainly do with some extra fire-power to maintain their excellent first half of the season – which sees the Lillywhites currently sitting third in the Premier League table.
Read more Spurs transfer news
However, it seems Damiao won’t be making the move to White Hart Lane any time soon, if the players agent is to be believed. So if AVB is looking to add another striker to his ranks this month, it looks like he’ll have to look elsewhere.
Who would Tottenham fans like to see signed this month? Get involved in the comments section below.