- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Tottenham Transfer News: Spurs Eye Czech Republic Striker
The Czech Republic international has been a huge hit at Vicarage Road this season having arrived on a year-long loan from Udinese last summer, and has scored 16 goals in 26 games for the Championship outfit so far.
The Mirror claim Watford have already opened talks to try and turn the move into a permanent one but it seems they may face stiff competition for his signature, with Spurs understood to be among five top-flight clubs keeping an eye on the 20-year-old hitman.
Vydra’s agent, Ondrej Chovanec, revealed there is growing interest in his client but confirmed he will remain with Watford until the summer, at least. He said:
“At the moment, five Premier League clubs are interested in Matej.
“[But] we want Matej to stay with Watford at least until the summer. We are not planning any rush move for him.”
Chovanec is quoted as saying by the Mirror.
Read more Spurs transfer news
With Emmanuel Adebayor away with Togo at the African Cup of Nations, Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas could do with strengthening his options up front this month as Jermain Defoe is his only senior striker currently at the club, but it seems they may have to wait until the end of the season if they’re to follow up their reported interest in Vydra.
The Mirror suggest the north Londoners are also interested in Celtic striker Gary Hooper so Spurs fans may yet see a new front man arrive at White Hart Lane before the transfer window slams shut at the end of the month.
Who would Tottenham fans like to see come to the club this month? Get involved in the comments section below.