- Arsenal Suffer Major Fresh Injury Blow Ahead Of Tottenham Trip
- Man Utd To Table £35m Bid For Chelsea Star & Lure Him With £200k-A-Week Contract
- Man Utd Boss Confirms Triple Injury Blow Ahead Of Man City But Duo Passed Fit
- Tottenham Team News: Poch Confirms Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Palace Clash
- Arsenal Team News: Wenger Confirms Injury Boost But Trio To Miss Leicester Clash
- Liverpool Suffer Fresh Injury Blow – Attacker’s Season Could Be Over
Arsenal Handed Major Injury Boost, Star Man Given All-Clear Following Scan
Arsenal have been handed a timely injury boost with Alexis Sanchez given the all-clear to play for Chile following scans on his injured ankle, according to a report by Football London.
Sanchez suffered a nasty ankle problem during our 3-1 defeat to West Brom on Saturday after being on the end of a shocking tackle from Baggies winger James McClean towards the end of the first half.
Arsene Wenger revealed after the game that he wanted to substitute Sanchez at the break as his ankle was in a ‘terrible state’ but the attacker insisted he wanted to carry on.
The 28-year-old was clearly still feeling the effects of the injury during the second half and he was eventually replaced by Alex Iwobi with 20 minutes remaining.
Wenger admitted after the game that he feared Alexis may have damaged ligaments but was waiting for scans to be done before the full extent of the injury was known.
It seems the results are in and we can all breath a sign of relief as Football London are citing a report from El Grafico that claims Sanchez has been given the all-clear.
The Chilean news outlet states that Arsenal’s medical team have informed Chile that Sanchez is fit and available for selection for his countries World Cup qualifier against Argentina on Thursday night.
The news will come as a huge boost as we are in horrific form right now and the last thing we needed was losing our best player to injury, especially with a crucial clash against Man City coming up after the international break.
Hopefully Sanchez comes through Chile’s World Cup double-header unscathed and will be fit to face City at the Emirates on Sunday 2nd April.