- Tottenham Team News: Poch Confirms Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Palace Clash
- Arsenal Team News: Wenger Confirms Injury Boost But Trio To Miss Leicester Clash
- Liverpool Suffer Fresh Injury Blow – Attacker’s Season Could Be Over
- Man Utd ‘Optimistic’ Over £40m Swoop For Tottenham Star
- Chelsea vs Tottenham: Preview, Team News, Line-Ups, Betting Tips & Prediction
- Klopp Forced In to Change As Key Man Ruled Out: Predicted Liverpool XI vs Palace
[Photos] See The Moment Harry Kane Broke Jack Wilshere’s Leg
This is the moment [above] that Harry Kane fractured on-loan Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere’s leg during Tottenham’s win over Bournemouth last weekend.
Wilshere joined the Cherries on loan from Arsenal last summer and made his 29th appearance of the season at White Hart Lane on Saturday afternoon.
However, the midfielder limped off shortly after half time after being caught on his left leg by Spurs striker Kane as the pair challenged for the ball and was seen leaving the Lane wearing a protective boot.
Bournemouth were initially hopeful that Wilshere had avoided another untimely injury after the first x-ray didn’t show any sign of serious damage.
However, the Telegraph claim that a second scan conducted yesterday found a hairline fracture in the 25-year-old’s fibula in the same area that Wilshere fractured last year which saw him miss the majority of the 2015/16 campaign.
The midfielder will now return to Arsenal for further assessment but his season is obviously over and he’s facing another extended spell on the treatment table which will only add to doubts over his future.
Wilshere is approaching the final year of his contract with the Gunners and it’s difficult to see how they can justify handing him a new deal now that he’s broken down with yet another serious injury.
The England international’s loan spell on the south coast was meant to be Wilshere’s opportunity to show he can stay fit for a full season but unfortunately his body has once again proven it can’t last the distance.