- Chelsea Lining-Up Fresh Bid For Wayne Rooney After United Snub Contract Talks
- Arsenal Could Finally Land Benzema As Madrid Line-Up £45m Suarez Bid
- [Player Ratings] Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Hazard Blitzes Black Cats In Thriller
- Arsenal Fail With €8m Bid For Brazilian Striker
- Arsenal Receive Huge Double Injury Boost
- Arsenal Line-Up £37.5m Double Raid
Van Persie Latest: Clubs Enter Official Negotiations
With the summer transfer window in full swing, Football Talk will be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer news throughout the summer. Today, the latest on the future of Robin van Persie.
Fergie remains reluctant to pay much more than £15m for 29-year-old van Persie, while Arsenal are demanding at least £20m, but the Independent claim a compromise deal could now be close which would include add-ons.
The Mirror run a similar story but claim the deal could be closer to the £20m Arsenal are asking for, and they also suggest a deal could be sealed within the next 48 hours.
If a deal cannot be reached before the weekend then there is every possibility van Persie will be included in Arsene Wenger’s squad to face Sunderland on Saturday. It’s likely he will start on the bench but could face a difficult reception from the Emirates faithful is he’s introduced at any time.
Would you sell RVP to Man Utd for £20m? Get involved in the comments section.
Fancy a flutter on the game? Claim your £10 welcome bonus at Sky Bet and enjoy some of the best match odds in the business.