- Man Utd Boss Offers Fitness Update On Duo Ahead Of Chelsea Clash
- Chelsea Suffer Huge Injury Blow Ahead Of Man Utd Showdown
- Arsenal Team News: Wenger Confirms Duo Will Miss Ludogorets Clash
- Key Man To Leave? Wenger Casts Doubt Over Future Of £140k-A-Week Arsenal Superstar
- Mourinho To Make 2 Changes In 4-2-3-1: Predicted Man Utd XI To Face Liverpool
- Klopp To Make 2 Changes In 4-3-3: Predicted Liverpool XI To Face Man Utd
Man Utd Injury Update: Rooney, Van Persie & More….
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has given an injury and team news update ahead of their trip to Norwich this weekend.
Speaking at his weekly press conference, Fergie gave the latest on Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, Jonny Evans, Phil Jones and Javier Hernandez.
Rooney missed England’s friendly defeat to Sweden on Wednesday after picking up an ankle knock during last weeks 3-2 win over Aston Villa and Ferguson confirmed the striker is a doubt for Saturday’s game. Chicharito, hot off the back of his hat trick last week, is expected to come in.
Defender Evans missed the game at Villa Park with a groin injury that also kept him out of Northern Ireland’s World Cup qualifier against Azerbaijan in midweek, and it looks like he may be forced to sit out once again.
Van Persie also missed Holland’s draw with Germany but Fergie expects him to be fit to play at Carrow Road, while Phil Jones has continued his comeback from injury by training all week and is in line to play against Galatasaray on Tuesday.
Speaking to ManUtd.com, Ferguson said:
“We’ve still got some doubts about Wayne and Jonny Evans,”
“I think Robin should be fit. We’ll see what they are like today but there is a doubt.
“Phil Jones has been training all week. We will take him to Turkey [to play Galatasaray in the Champions League] with us. He’ll get part of it there, which is a good start for him.”
“Bringing on Chicharito [at Villa] was good for us and he should start tomorrow.”
What would your line-up be to face Norwich? Get involved in the comments section.