- [Photos] Lazar Markovic Poses In Liverpool Kit After Completing €25m Move
- Chelsea Confirm Signing Of €40m Costa On Five-Year Contract
- [Photo] Fabregas Poses In Chelsea Shirt After Sealing Move + Confirms Arsenal Snub
- Agent Confirms Talks With Arsenal + Man Utd Over €37m Ace
- Chelsea Agree €40m Deal For Spanish Hot-Shot
- Chelsea Agree €91m Deal Following Meeting In London On Thursday
Man Utd Injury Update: Rooney, Van Persie & More….
Rooney missed England’s friendly defeat to Sweden on Wednesday after picking up an ankle knock during last weeks 3-2 win over Aston Villa and Ferguson confirmed the striker is a doubt for Saturday’s game. Chicharito, hot off the back of his hat trick last week, is expected to come in.
Defender Evans missed the game at Villa Park with a groin injury that also kept him out of Northern Ireland’s World Cup qualifier against Azerbaijan in midweek, and it looks like he may be forced to sit out once again.
Van Persie also missed Holland’s draw with Germany but Fergie expects him to be fit to play at Carrow Road, while Phil Jones has continued his comeback from injury by training all week and is in line to play against Galatasaray on Tuesday.
Speaking to ManUtd.com, Ferguson said:
“We’ve still got some doubts about Wayne and Jonny Evans,”
“I think Robin should be fit. We’ll see what they are like today but there is a doubt.
“Phil Jones has been training all week. We will take him to Turkey [to play Galatasaray in the Champions League] with us. He’ll get part of it there, which is a good start for him.”
“Bringing on Chicharito [at Villa] was good for us and he should start tomorrow.”
What would your line-up be to face Norwich? Get involved in the comments section.