- Liverpool Dealt Fresh Injury Blow: Star Faces 2 Months Out + Firmino Update
- Man Utd Plotting £90m Move For 321 Goal Super-Star
- Key Man Ruled Out As Man Utd Announce 20-Man Squad For PSV Game
- Chelsea Dealt Blow As Key Man Suffers Injury Ahead Of Everton Trip
- Madrid Chief: Arsenal Target Was Among 4 Players Man Utd Tried To Sign This Summer
- Liverpool Left To Sweat As Key Man Suffers Injury Ahead Of Man Utd Clash
Man Utd Injury Update: Rooney, Van Persie & More….
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has given an injury and team news update ahead of their trip to Norwich this weekend.
Speaking at his weekly press conference, Fergie gave the latest on Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, Jonny Evans, Phil Jones and Javier Hernandez.
Rooney missed England’s friendly defeat to Sweden on Wednesday after picking up an ankle knock during last weeks 3-2 win over Aston Villa and Ferguson confirmed the striker is a doubt for Saturday’s game. Chicharito, hot off the back of his hat trick last week, is expected to come in.
Defender Evans missed the game at Villa Park with a groin injury that also kept him out of Northern Ireland’s World Cup qualifier against Azerbaijan in midweek, and it looks like he may be forced to sit out once again.
Van Persie also missed Holland’s draw with Germany but Fergie expects him to be fit to play at Carrow Road, while Phil Jones has continued his comeback from injury by training all week and is in line to play against Galatasaray on Tuesday.
Speaking to ManUtd.com, Ferguson said:
“We’ve still got some doubts about Wayne and Jonny Evans,”
“I think Robin should be fit. We’ll see what they are like today but there is a doubt.
“Phil Jones has been training all week. We will take him to Turkey [to play Galatasaray in the Champions League] with us. He’ll get part of it there, which is a good start for him.”
“Bringing on Chicharito [at Villa] was good for us and he should start tomorrow.”
What would your line-up be to face Norwich? Get involved in the comments section.