- Arsenal Ready To Battle Liverpool For Brazilian, Player Confirms Decision To Leave
- Arsenal Playmaker Mesut Ozil Offers Positive Injury Update
- Man Utd Make Audacious €25m Offer For La Liga Midfielder But Man City Also Keen
- Liverpool Attacker A Doubt To Face Arsenal After Aggravating Injury
- Mourinho May Sanction Move As Liverpool Make Audacious Swoop For Chelsea Star
- Man Utd Handed Major Injury Boost Ahead Of Aston Villa Clash
Gotze Has ‘No Intention’ Of Making Arsenal Or Man Utd Move
Despite the transfer window being closed, there is always transfer gossip doing the rounds in the papers and we’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news during the coming months. Today, Mario Gotze won’t be going to Arsenal or Man Utd.
The agent of Mario Gotze has insisted his client will not be moving to Arsenal or Manchester United any time soon.
The 20-year-old has becomeone of the most highly-rated players in Europe after helping Borussia Dortmund to successive Bundesliga titles.
However, the players agent, Volker Struth, has moved quickly to dismiss the reports of an impending move to either the Emirates or Old Trafford, and insisted Gotze would not be leaving Dortmund any time soon.
“Mario has no intention of leaving in 2013. Therefore, the topic is not interesting,”
Struth is quoted as saying in German newspaper Bild.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is understood to be a huge fan of Gotze’s and confirmed he has funds available to sign two new players when the window re-opens in January. A key area of concern is the attacking third, with the Gunners uncharacteristically lacking spark so far this season.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is also a keen admirer of the German’s and has identified him as a potential replacement for the ageing Paul Scholes. However, neither manager will get their hands on Gotze any time soon, if the players agent is to be believed.
Who would you like your club to sign this January? Get involved in the comments section.