- Real Madrid Super Star Wants Man Utd Move As Mourinho Prepares £96.4m Move
- Arsenal Set To Beat Liverpool To 24-Goal Hitman After Triggering £20m Clause
- Arsene Wenger Ready To Sell As Liverpool Prepare Raid On Arsenal
- Man Utd Determined To Beat Chelsea To Signing Of £50m-Rated International
- Arsenal Open Formal Talks Over £60m Double Swoop
- Arsenal To Make £30m Bid For Liverpool Star This Summer
Jose Enrique Injury Update…
Liverpool ended the year on a high with a 3-0 win over Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road on Sunday afternoon but the victory came at a cost as defender Jose Enrique was forced off with a hamstring injury.
With the Reds in control thanks to a double from Luis Suarez and a header from Daniel Agger, the Spaniard limped off in the 71st minute clutching his hamstring.
Assistant manager Colin Pascoe – standing in for boss Brendan Rodgers who was forced to miss the game through illness – confirmed to Liverpool’s official website that Enrique has suffered a tear to his hamstring and is set to face a spell on the sidelines.
“Unfortunately it looks like he’s got a tear in his hamstring,”
“He was terrific today, absolutely superb, and the way he’s been performing these last couple of months has been a joy to watch.
“It’s a shame, and hopefully he’s not out for too long.” Pascoe told Liverpoolfc.com
No doubt Enrique will be sent for further tests to assess the extend of the injury. We’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest news as we hear it.
How much will Liverpool miss Enrique if he’s on the sidelines for an extended period of time? Get involved in the comments section below.