- [Photos & Video] Player All Smiles In Chelsea Shirt After Completing £34m Move
- [Photo] Moussa Sissoko Poses With Tottenham Shirt After Completing £30m Move
- [Photos] Jack Wilshere All Smiles After Completing Move Away From Arsenal
- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
Demba Ba Set For Chelsea Talks After Blues Submit Official £7m Offer
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, more on the future of Demba Ba.
Newcastle have announced on their website that Chelsea have made an official offer for Demba Ba which has met the strikers buy-out clause and he’s been given permission to speak with the London club.
Ba has been in excellent form this season and already has 13 goals to his name after scoring a double against Arsenal last week. His form has lead to speculation that he could be on the move this January and Sky Sports News reported on Monday that Ba was due to talk with other clubs after a meeting with Chelsea proved unproductive, claiming Arsenal and Tottenham were among the sides also interested in the Senegalese hitman.
However, it seems Chelsea have not given up hope of landing the 27-year-old as they have now triggered the players release clause – which stands at £7m according to Sky Sports News. The Geordies revealed the news on nufc.co.uk this afternoon and confirmed Ba has been withdrawn from tonight’s squad to face Everton after being given permission to hold talks with the European champions. A statement read:
“Newcastle United can confirm that Chelsea Football Club has made an official offer for Demba Ba which has triggered the release clause in the player’s contract. The Club has given the player permission to speak to Chelsea FC and therefore he will not be included in the squad for tonight’s game against Everton.” Newcastle’s statement on nufc.co.uk said.
Chelsea are reported to be in the market for a striker to act as competition for Fernando Torres but will their move for Ba push either Arsenal or Tottenham into action as well? If so, they’ll have to get a move on soon if they have any plans to gazump Chelsea.
Are Chelsea fans excited by the news on Ba? Would Arsenal or Tottenham fans like to see their clubs now move for the striker? Get involved in the comments section below.