- Liverpool Transfer News: £20m Bid Rejected | Defender Told To Leave On Loan
- Arsenal Agree To Let Wilshere Leave Following Crunch Talks With Wenger
- Liverpool Steal March On Man Utd After Tabling £30m Offer For Brazilian Forward
- England Squad Announced: Arsenal & Man Utd Stars Recalled, Kane & Sturridge In
- [Player Ratings] Watford 1-3 Arsenal: Sanchez Has Gunners Firing Again
- [Teams] Hull City vs Man Utd: Confirmed Line-Ups
Tottenham Sign Arsenal Target Lewis Holtby
With the January transfer window now open for business we’ll be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer gossip. Today, Tottenham win Holtby race.
Tottenham have confirmed on their official website they have agreed a deal to sign Lewis Holtby from German side Schalke, with the player joining the club in July subject to a medical.
The creative midfielder joined Schalke from German second division side Alemannia Aachen in 2009 and became a first team regular last season as Schalke qualified for the Champions League.
Despite having an English father, Holtby is a former German under-21 international captain and has earned 3 caps for the senior team so far in his career.
The Daily Mail claim the 22-year-old is in the final year of his contract and has failed to agree terms over a new deal, leading to interest from throughout Europe with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger confirming to the newspaper on Thursday that he was monitoring the midfielders progress.
However, Tottenham have won the race for his signature and announced on TottenhamHotspur.com this afternoon that Holtby will move to White Hart Lane in the summer after reaching a pre-contract agreement ahead of a free transfer move.
Are Tottenham fans pleased with the signing? Are Arsenal fans unhappy to miss out on Holtby? Get involved in the comments section below.