- Theo Walcott Offers Positive Injury Update
- Arsenal ‘Working’ On Deal To Re-Sign Unsettled Van Persie
- Chelsea Offered Tempting Diego Costa + £8m Swap Deal In Exchange For Courtois
- Cavani Agent In London For Talks Over Potential £54m Summer Move
- Chelsea Trying To Hijack Liverpool’s Salah Move After Submitting £10m Bid
- [Player Ratings] Chelsea 3-1 Man Utd: How The Blues Players Rated
Tottenham Sign Arsenal Target Lewis Holtby
Tottenham have confirmed on their official website they have agreed a deal to sign Lewis Holtby from German side Schalke, with the player joining the club in July subject to a medical.
The creative midfielder joined Schalke from German second division side Alemannia Aachen in 2009 and became a first team regular last season as Schalke qualified for the Champions League.
Despite having an English father, Holtby is a former German under-21 international captain and has earned 3 caps for the senior team so far in his career.
The Daily Mail claim the 22-year-old is in the final year of his contract and has failed to agree terms over a new deal, leading to interest from throughout Europe with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger confirming to the newspaper on Thursday that he was monitoring the midfielders progress.
However, Tottenham have won the race for his signature and announced on TottenhamHotspur.com this afternoon that Holtby will move to White Hart Lane in the summer after reaching a pre-contract agreement ahead of a free transfer move.
Are Tottenham fans pleased with the signing? Are Arsenal fans unhappy to miss out on Holtby? Get involved in the comments section below.